Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you could wish a million dollars on someone, who would it be?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:27 AM
  • 21 Replies

If you could wish a million dollars to go to someone, anyone but yourself, who would you wish it to go to and why?

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrs.jodi
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:31 AM

My husband because he is under a lot of stress right now and health problems.  We are unable to get the medical help he needs because of finances. 

Brenna
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:33 AM

The pastor of our church or someone who sees one of the local nonprofits - like the domestic violence crisis center.  They'd make a very good decision about how to help people locally.

3greatkids751
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:34 AM
my mom.. my father passed away 9 yrs ago and she struggled to support for us and raise us w/o him and i admire her for never giving up and showing us things DO get better w/ time. She has been through so much in her life and i would give her this $ in a heartbeat!! =)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wife.and.mommy
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:35 AM

my DH, only bc i cant wish it on me

gwebkeijmmm
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:39 AM
I was going to say my mom but my in-laws could use it just as much. So could my sister. So I`ll say Emily. My nine year old. She doesn`t care about money so it wouldn`t hurt her to give it away to her family one bit. She could split it between several families :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Clairwil
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:13 AM
Quoting mamapaparazzi:

If you could wish a million dollars to go to someone, anyone but yourself, who would you wish it to go to and why?

Well, the easy answer would be to my son, Mark.  Or some other local person or institution that would indirectly benefit me.

But if you want a proper answer:

Bill Gates.

There are many organisations out there that compare different charities on how much good they do for every dollar spent with them.  Quality Adjusted Life Years is one way of measuring the net good.   But the individual I know of who has done the most research on making sure that the money he gives is spent efficiently is Bill Gates.  So I'd wish the money to him.

CMcLaws
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:24 AM

It would be a toss-up. Maybe my parents because they have done SO much for us, but then again they don't really NEED the extra money.

So I'd probably give it to my oldest sister. She is always busting her butt to take care of those kids, they just bought a new house....she's such a good mom, wife, sister, and friend.

GOBryan
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:26 AM

My parents. They deserve it after so many years of struggling and putting me through private school nonetheless.

ChelseySpelsey
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:28 AM
My sister.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maciymommieof3
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)