Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When it rains.......

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:04 AM
  • 6 Replies

Saturday, we rented some movies, popped some popcorn and set up to enjoy the evening. About halfway through the first movie, the screen on our tv went black! We could still hear it, but there was no picture! It's a 56 inch projection tv that we bought about 5 years ago. The repair man said that it would probably cost more to fix it than to buy a new one! Boo! We ended up having to go and get a new one! Damn it!

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
allurasmamma
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:06 AM

Projection TV's have bulbs. I am sure the bulb just went and that is only a few hundred bucks I think.

GreenEyePixie
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:07 AM

Im sorry!!!  Been there before lol, and it sucks!

allurasmamma
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:09 AM

Ok. We have 2 projection TV's. You said you already got a new one? Keep the old one. My SO said it is one of 2 things and both are only a couple hundred bucks fix. Seriously. What did he say was wrong?

Erna2
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:13 AM

Nothing yet. I called the shop and they want 200.00 just to come out and look at it! Then he said there was no guarantee they would be able to fix it. My dh already changed the lamp in it, but it did no good. If your SO has an idea on what else it could be, let me know! We still have it, my dh would like to get it fixed too..

Quoting allurasmamma:

Ok. We have 2 projection TV's. You said you already got a new one? Keep the old one. My SO said it is one of 2 things and both are only a couple hundred bucks fix. Seriously. What did he say was wrong?

Mrs.Jolly
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:14 AM
That sucks I'm sorry we just went though something like that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Erna2
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:19 AM

I was just so bummed because it happened right in the middle of a movie......LOL!

Quoting Mrs.Jolly:

That sucks I'm sorry we just went though something like that

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)