Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I Wrong about this???

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:21 AM
  • 12 Replies

Poll

Question:

Options:

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 0

Here is the story. I have a 5 year old and she always plays with these girls (they are 8&9). Yesterday she was playing with the 9 year old all day until around 4pm when the 8 year old got home and then the two older girls took off and just left my 5 year old. I was really upset because it happens all the time. If the 8 year old is not home then the 9 year old will play with my daughter and vise versa. I'm sure you get the point would you be upset about this??

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jessymessy
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:24 AM

your porblem is that they won't play with her as a group? with the 3 of them? Or that they left her alone somewhere? I am sorry, I am unsure of your question. I am still working on my first coffee of the day

loris1209
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:26 AM

That they won't all play together.They just ditch her wherever they are weather it be at there house or mine they just ditch her the minute the other gets home

LilyofPhilly
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:34 AM

No, I would not be upset about this, because we're talking about kids here. Of course the 8 & 9 year olds would rather hang out with each other and not a 5 year old. So you can keep letting them use your 5 y/o as a backup friend, or find her someone closer to her own age to play with.

allurasmamma
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:34 AM

She needs to find kids her own age or all hang out together at your house until a set time.  

Jessymessy
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:35 AM

Oh this happens to my 6 year old all the time. It is like she is the bottom of their totum poll or something. The neighbors will play with her like she is the coolest kid on the whole block, until the big kids show up and they leave her without even saying they are leaving and she comes inside all sad. It is soooo annoying! I don't know what to tell you about it except that you are not alone, it happens to mine too.

Quoting loris1209:

That they won't all play together.They just ditch her wherever they are weather it be at there house or mine they just ditch her the minute the other gets home

danie24
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:38 AM

No. I wouldn't be upset. She's five. They're 8 and 9.

3-4 years is a pretty big age gap.
 You need to find your child friends her own age.

Lil_ol_me9306
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:39 AM

Kids will be kids.  Yeah, I'd be upset about my child's hurt feelings, but who wouldn't?  You can't force these children to continue playing with her.  You can, however, try and find her some children closer to her age for her to play with.

loris1209
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:40 AM

So when they come over should I not them play with her???

Quoting LilyofPhilly:

No, I would not be upset about this, because we're talking about kids here. Of course the 8 & 9 year olds would rather hang out with each other and not a 5 year old. So you can keep letting them use your 5 y/o as a backup friend, or find her someone closer to her own age to play with.

-xoxo-
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:42 AM

It bothers me when this stuff happens to my girls too, but that's just how kids are...well little girls at least. Little girls are just unable to play in 3's, they always have to leave someone out and a lot of times they'll treat that left out child really badly.  

danie24
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:53 AM

I would let them play. But I would also talk to the girls and let them know that sometimes they hurt your daughters feelings when they take off on her.. and that it's not a big deal.. but please, in the future, at least walk her home or let her know ahead of time that they will be heading out after a while.

Sometimes kids forget their manners or they just don't *think* too clearly when their minds are on other things. They're just kids.

I would ALSO find some children your daughter's age.

Quoting loris1209:

So when they come over should I not them play with her???

Quoting LilyofPhilly:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)