Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you a super strict or a lax parent?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:04 PM
  • 12 Replies

Psychology in school is coming in here. LOL. Are you a to strict parent or  a super lax parent? Which type of parenting do you think is more effective and why?

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
marissaj125
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:06 PM

i am in the middle, everything in moderation is good. you can not have an extreme of something and expect it to work all the time and be the best choice.

Buggy979
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:07 PM

super lax... I guess I look at it this way. My girls will grow up to be who they want, be outgoing, confident in a decision they make and loved...

I think each parent has a right to raise a child they way they feel is right I have no right to tell another how they are parenting.. for me it works the way I am raising mine... :)

poshkat
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:10 PM

i am in the middle. there are certain things i wont tolerate and there are certain things i will. i just take it as it comes really

alexsmomaubrys2
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:11 PM

I am a more middle of the road. I feel the kids need have some rules but shouldn't feel like they live in a world of "no".

We have limited rules, safety rule really.

Other then that they are allowed to explore the world around them and I try to hold myself from worrying over and stifling their natural curiosity.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:00 PM

I was strict, but very lovey, huggy. Strict, meaning the rules were the rules. There really wasn't any arguing.....there wasn't any point. The rules were the rules. When their Dad moved out, he had that typical guilt, so he because 'good time charlie'. They always came home and complained about it. They said they preferred boundaries, etc. Now as adults, we can talk about it all, and they've said that I provided alot of structure, stability, trust for them. Whatever I said, they knew they could count on me to do it. They think the father is too wishy washy. 

connorsmom2009
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:07 PM

My son is one years old. i'm strict, i think but my husband is very very lax. nothing Connor does  really bothers him. like if he's screaming for no reason.

danie24
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:09 PM

We're strict regarding their health and safety (and ours for that matter).

wilesmomma
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:21 PM
Middle of the road.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kassie09
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:09 PM

My husband and I are fair,but strict.We expect certain things out of our daughters.And we accept nothing less.Being a strict parent,our kids do better in school,are less likely tog e tin trouble,etc.

Our daughters get good grades,never miss school,do chores around the house,do what they say they will do,etc.

IMO being a lax parent allows your kids to whatever they wnat...then whe tey grow up,that is when they get in trouble.

dustinsmommy74
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:49 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)