Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Symbol of Hopeful Future Conquest!?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:47 PM
  • 77 Replies

Ground zero Mosque symbol of hopeful future Muslim Conquest-Christian News

June 16, 2010
By Sierra White 

Having worked in Saudi Arabia, the birthplace of Islam and the home of its most extreme form, Wahhabism, I was shocked that a New York City neighborhood community board, in its ignorance, recently voted 29 to 1 to support a request to build a mosque and a Muslim center near Ground Zero.

Muslims have always built mosques on the sites of their conquests. The Prophet Muhammad himself made the Ka'aba, a pagan pantheon, into a mosque after he captured Mecca in 630 CE. The Al Aqsa mosque in Jerusalem was deliberately built near the Temple Mount, the holiest places in Judaism. The Ummayad mosque in Damascus was built on the site of the Church of Saint John. Babri mosque in Ayodhya, India was built by demolishing a Hindu temple at the site of Hinduism's Lord Rama's birthplace. They built mosques on the sites of thousands of temples throughout India.

The request to build a mosque near the site of the World Trade Center is not accidental. It is astute and deliberate, as is the decision to call the place Cordoba House. Cordoba is city in Spain that resonates mightily in Muslim history. It was the capital of the Islamic empire in Spain. It was the place where Islam established its first caliphate in Europe. The Grand Cordoba Mosque was built where a Visigoth Christian church stood.

http://freedomist.com/2010/06/16/ground-zero-mosque-symbol-of-hopeful-future-muslim-conquest-christian-news/

Photobucket

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lil_ol_me9306
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:50 PM

You do realize that it wasn't just Christians that died in 9/11, right?  Muslims died there, too, and not just the suicide bombers.

blondekosmic15
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:58 PM

Quoting Lil_ol_me9306:

You do realize that it wasn't just Christians that died in 9/11, right?  Muslims died there, too, and not just the suicide bombers.

Any loss of life on 911 is tragic. Do you realize the terrorists will kill innocent Muslims when they are in the path of their strategic plans to attack the West. And did you read the article reflecting the various Churches being replaced w/ Mosques & the Hindu Temple deliberately demolished for this purpose!?

Photobucket

Kaelansmom
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:58 PM

sounds biased to me. But, every religion has done the same thing.. why do people still freak out when one groups does it, but over looks the fact that their own group has done it? (The Ancient Egyptians did it to the Kushites... and the kushites did it back, Christiniaty has done it, as well as other pagan groups.)

Lil_ol_me9306
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:01 PM

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Quoting Lil_ol_me9306:

Any loss of life on 911 is tragic. Do you realize the terrorists will kill innocent Muslims when they are in the path of their strategic plans to attack the West. And did you read the article reflecting the various Churches being replaced w/ Mosques & the Hindu Temple deliberately demolished for this purpose!?

We had an old church in town that was turned into a Great Harvest Bread Store.  Are they evil too?

Terrorists are horrible, but who said that these people are terrorists?  Is it just because they're of a different religion as you?  Maybe because they happen to share a religious title as some screwed up people?  Should I remind you of the seriously messed up people that have committed murder that happen to be Christian?  There are bad grapes in every bunch. 

SavageGrl
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:05 PM

Quoting Lil_ol_me9306:

Approximately 23 Muslims were killed in the 9/11 attacks, which is about 3/4 of one percent of the total victims. So the percentage of 9/11 victims who were Muslims is very similar to the percentage of Americans who are Muslims  (0.6 percent of the American adult population, according to the Pew Muslim American.)

Lil_ol_me9306
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:07 PM

Quoting SavageGrl:

Quoting Lil_ol_me9306:

Approximately 23 Muslims were killed in the 9/11 attacks, which is about 3/4 of one percent of the total victims. So the percentage of 9/11 victims who were Muslims is very similar to the percentage of Americans who are Muslims  (0.6 percent of the American adult population, according to the Pew Muslim American.)

Source please?  And does it really matter how many died?  Shouldn't it just matter that they died in the first place?  Sounds rather calloused to me.

Thomigirl
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:25 PM

This will end this entire debate.  Were there mosques in the area BEFORE the 9/11 tragedy? Hmm.??

bakebiscotti
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:27 PM

It is really unfortunate that you choose over and over again to prepetuate hate BK. 

CoeyG
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:15 PM

Quoting Thomigirl:

This will end this entire debate.  Were there mosques in the area BEFORE the 9/11 tragedy? Hmm.??

Yes there were...

PamR
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:55 PM

How sad to have a life so ruled by fear and prejudice.  If you were reading about a country where Islam was the predominant religion and Christians were being denied a church, you would be all over it with the persecution of Christians.  This mosque is being rebuilt.  They didn't choose the site for it's proximity to ground zero.   Americans are allowed to be Muslims.  They are allowed to worship freely.  They are not all to be feared.  They aren't all terrorists.  Get over it, already.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)