Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom shot and kid was holding her drugs......ughghghghg

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:39 PM
  • 13 Replies

I was just watching the news....am going to find the article but until then.

So how about this one?

The young mom was caught in a cross fire between the cops and a robber. Apparently they were robbing her and they held her 8 year old boy hostage. The mom was killed and later they found 47 bricks of heroinin her purse but that is not the kicker.....Her son had a bundle (10 stamps of heroine) in his sock. There was reason to believe that the kid was on his way to make a sell for his mom.....

WTF?

Going to look for the article....

Ok here it is...

Mom Killed In Crossfire Between Police, Men At East Hills Home

Posted: 3:59 am EDT July 11, 2010Updated: 6:31 pm EDT July 12, 2010

PITTSBURGH -- Police continue to search for more suspects in a shooting that left one person dead and two others injured in East Hills.

Police said the shooting happened at about 3:20 a.m. Sunday in the 2300 block of East Hills Drive when three masked men entered a home looking for drug money.

Arika Hainesworth, 24, was inside with an 8-year-old boy, and police said she called 911 and an associate before opening the door. When she let the group inside, shots were fired, police said.

When police arrived, more than 40 shots were exchanged with the suspects, authorities said.

Hainesworth, a mother of two, was struck. She was taken to UPMC Presbyterian Hospital, where she was pronounced dead shortly after 4 a.m. It was not immediately clear who fired the shot that killed Hainesworth, police said.

Pittsburgh Police Chief Nate Harper said the home is known as a "safe house," which is where drug dealers hide their drugs.

"They do target single females, two or three kids possibly, and they hide their drugs there," Harper said. "They don't bring the drug trafficking to the house but for a safe haven or storage place."

Police arrested one of the shooting suspects, Richard Woodward, 19. He was shot in the torso but is expected to recover.

While investigating, police said they found 43 bricks of heroin in Hainesworth's purse and the boy's sock.

Two other people were taken to the UPMC Presbyterian Hospital for treatment. Officials have not released their names or the extent of their injuries.

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Saracide
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:40 PM
Wtf?! People are ridiculous!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fattypatty
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:41 PM

That's disgusting. Why am I not surprised? :(

allurasmamma
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:47 PM

Pittsburgh...anything can and has happened. It is getting real ugly down there.

allurasmamma
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:48 PM

She was running a safe house. Where all the dealers dropped their stashes off at night.

Hottmomma607
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:46 PM

Thats just crazy&sad!

mommam58122
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:34 PM

wow

allurasmamma
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:37 PM

an 8 year old selling drugs!!!!! For his mom!!!!  So sad. They are still gathering evidence and talki8ng with the child but I am sure he has been trafficking drugs for his mom.

erimar2
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 12:47 AM

OMG! what is going on out here!

erimar2
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 12:48 AM

Quoting fattypatty:

about what?

"Be careful when my name rolls off your lips, you may choke in the process because my name shouldn't be coming out of your mouth!!"

Hottmomma607
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 12:58 AM

Maybe about the drugs dealers targeting single moms??shrugging DK? Im just shocked&stunned all together! So sad! In all that an 8yo boy is caught up in the sadness!!

Quoting erimar2:

Quoting fattypatty:

about what?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)