Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Drug tests for people on PA

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:03 PM
  • 39 Replies

No one is answering me in these posts....

What about the children?????

So you have John and Mary who have 4 kids. They use every form of PA available but they also do various drugs. They spend all their money on drugs but can afford to do so because they get rent assistance and food stamps for their kids.

If they were drug tested and tooken off PA how would their kids get the things they need? What would happen? Would you lose your benefits AND your kids? Because if not, it makes no sense to take away something that is helping a child live a more normal life rather then starving and resorting to steal their friends lunches at school.

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LyTe684
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:05 PM
If they failed a piss test needed to get a job, should that be overlooked for the kids too? NO! It's called taking responsibility. Share up or risk loosing everything. No one said life was easy.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaelansmom
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:06 PM

Personally, I feel that children of druggies should be taken away... if only until the parents clean up... short of that.. IDK

LyTe684
*shape*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CoeyG

What about the people who are prescribed medicinal marijuana? 

shecallsmemom04
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:07 PM

will you be taking all of these children into YOUR home?  you do realize we don't have enough homes for the children already in foster and state care, right?

Quoting Kaelansmom:

Personally, I feel that children of druggies should be taken away... if only until the parents clean up... short of that.. IDK

I look at all the caged animals in the shelter...the cast offs of human society. I see in their eyes love and hope, fear and anxiety, sadness and betrayal...I am pissed. "God I say, "This is terrible, why don't you do something?" God was silent for a minute, then I heard..."I have done something, I created you."

fattypatty

Quoting Kaelansmom:

I agree.

yayay15

They should take the kids away regardless.  What kind of parent would put their children in that situation to begin with?  So yes, they should lose both.

notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:09 PM

While I agree children of drug addicted parents aren't in the best situation... it could be worse and even more taxing on the system to take the kids from their parents as well as taking their assistance.

I could agree with drug tests and rehab and THEN if you can't shape up, you're off and the kids are gone. But I don't agree with people just flat out taking assistance away because then the drugs take precidence over the kids and if they drugs don't come first, they still won't have enough money to get by.

Audreesmommy757
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:09 PM

Quoting yayay15:

They should take the kids away regardless.  What kind of parent would put their children in that situation to begin with?  So yes, they should lose both.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:10 PM

Well, that's a no brainer, if it's prescribed it's not illegal so even if you're taking a piss test on a job if the marijuana shows and you have a script there is no problem.

Quoting CoeyG:

What about the people who are prescribed medicinal marijuana? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)