Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Reasons you post

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:23 PM
  • 15 Replies

I have a question for everyone.  I only recently started posting on cafemom and I'm already annoyed by the amount of posts that seem to have no purpose except to argue the same topics revolving around Christianity, God, religious beliefs and the like.  It amazes me how people can constantly degrade each other over personal beliefs.  If we pooled our passions together as moms, we could help the hurting people in the world.  It's just my two cents but I wondered why people continue to post things to have the same drama started?  I had hoped for a forum where we as moms could discuss real issues we have regarding our children, jobs, hubbies and the things happening in our world today.  I mean no offense but am just wondering if I am the only one who would like more out of the group than just drama posts.

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
silvercrow
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:27 PM

i ask myself that same question over and over again.. yes i am guilty of repeat topics but mine are normally about naked or semi naked men lol.. as for what we get out of it.. sometimes its to defend others its just because... some of us are getting sick of it and are trying to keep out of religious rhetoric but its hard sometimes

allurasmamma
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:32 PM

I try to post different stuff, simple stuff in hope people will stray away from arguing......but it doesn't work...lol..

We got the debate posts and then the posts of people bitching about the debets...Come to my posts...lol. They are stupid but better than this.....

CoeyG
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:38 PM

I post here because it is a public forum and anyone can post on any topic and make pretty much whatever comments they want to make about any topic here.  If it annoys you then maybe you're in the wrong place.  If you want want a totally "do gooder" forum then maybe the Cafe' isn't for you.  I know there are all kinds of forums for all kinds of tastes on Cafe' mom...maybe you need to look a little harder.

dustinsmommy74
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:55 PM

I agree. I get so sick of the religion post. If you believe you believe. If you don't you don't. But geeeeeeez Shut up about it already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

srichtermom
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 12:50 AM

Thank you ladies for helping me realize that there are other people like me on here and I'll definitely check out your posts and try to look for more non-debatable ones.  It is funny to me how a simple question like this even gets the drama people slamming me.  Oh well, to each his own!

erimar2
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 12:54 AM

God said at the end of times, ppl will start talking about him even more so!

srichtermom
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 12:56 AM

Please don't misunderstand that I have a problem with people talking about God or religion at all.  I was more referring to how posts seem to get out of control and everyone ends up slamming each other's beliefs. 

jmetz4
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 12:57 AM

I agree. But I do find that sometimes the drama posts are my entertainment. Short lived entertainment because they get really annoying but sometimes its nice to laugh at them...

glitterteaz
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 1:03 AM

Girl you are looking for the smaller groups with specific focuses the main groups are PURE drama!

glitterteaz
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 1:05 AM

eye rolling 

Quoting erimar2:

God said at the end of times, ppl will start talking about him even more so!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)