Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

These are my thoughts on the whole bible thing.

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:14 PM
  • 98 Replies

The bible is a book,,,, written by men thousands of years ago, faith is based of the bible, which is written by men, who told everyone "god" spoke to them. They wrote down the words and told you this is how it has to be. Since then, many, many, many people have translated it, rewrote it. So for people to tell ME, I should have faith because the bible says all this stuff about god, I cry BS. How can anyone prove that god exists, besides the bible, How can they prove that no other god's exists, and why should one god be better then the other, who granted him all this power, who told him that he is the all that ends all, and who created god, many people try to say that the big bang theory doesn't exists, well how would it not exists, but god does? how is one theory better then the other? because a book written by men said so?

and by the way.. usually when people go around saying that they are hearing voices talking to them and telling them to do things, they usually end up in a padded cell. just food for thought.

I love my Hubby and I am so proud!

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:16 PM

And that is your free will :)

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

akb300
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:16 PM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
psychmama
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:17 PM

Ok.

Redteux
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:28 PM

Hmmm . . .

Thanks for sharing.

sineado39
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:07 PM

And the point of this post would be what exactly?

bakebiscotti
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 9:14 AM

I'm not quite sure myself. 

Quoting sineado39:

mommas3cubs
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 9:16 AM

Quoting sineado39:

To stir the proverbial pot. Like most of these kinds of posts.Posts like this seem to be spreading like some kind of disease..the past few days.

Azure
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 9:20 AM

Don't dare ask them why it was ok for God to command people to kill their children back in the old days and the parents were expected to obey, but when someone says god told them to kill their child these days they are scoffed at. Hypocrisy at its finest. I've always found that story disturbing, along with many (or should I say most?) of the others.

luna521
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 9:24 AM

thanks for posting

silvercrow
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 9:25 AM

Damn It Bake 2 days in a row i agree with you!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)