Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty Training Poll. Proving my dumb ex wrong!!!

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:18 PM
  • 31 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you put your child in panties/undies at 2 if potty trained?

Options:

Yes.

No.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 56

View Results

Okay my DD is 2 1/2yrs old and I had her completely potty trained and in panties. She is visiting her father and every time she does he puts her in pull-ups. He said HE isn't ready to put her in panties and just doesn't think it's right.

This is where the poll comes in. He told me to ask anyone I know if their child is potty trained do they put them in panties/undies? He said they will all say NO.

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.thickie.thick.
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:20 PM

hes an idiot , imo . if theyre ready , why put em back in pull ups?! thats going backwords!

Navywifey2007
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:20 PM

I put her in panties. Since she was fully potty trained I didn't want to give her any excuses to go in her pull-ups or whatever.

krystledawn7
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:21 PM

Shoot. My son isnt even potty trained yet (working on it now) and he wears big boy underwear!! And pull-ups at night and thats ONLY because he isnt fully potty trained.

onoelly
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:21 PM
Pull ups at night, panties during the day.
atlmom2
by Susie on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:22 PM

I didn't try at 2 1/2 but if they were trained I would have put panties on them.  I didn't start until around 3. 

SLGross215
by Sarah on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:22 PM

I used undies TO potty train. All 3 of mine were potty trained and in undies at 2 and that includes at night.

FotoFlexer_Animation-2.gif #2 picture by SLGross215

CoeyG
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:23 PM

No I didn't put my daughter in underpants until there were no more accidents.  They didn't have "pullups" when she was little and I wouldn't have wasted money on them anyway.  I kept my daughter in diapers until she was getting out of bed in the middle of the night on her own and had a dry bed every morning.  That was just before she started kindergarten.

Kenre
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:24 PM

Red was potty trained at 5 completely because his BM kept putting him back into pull-ups and so he would regress. He finally fought her after a visitation with us and so she HAD to go out and buy undies for him finally.

Monkey is 2.5 and in undies most of the day. He wears pull-ups for nap and bed, though, because he still has accidents while sleeping.

aaavasquez
by Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:24 PM

Quoting onoelly:

Pull ups at night, panties during the day.

Me to but in my case it would be underwears

pregnancy week by week

Kaelansmom
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:29 PM

Putting her back in pullups can cause a regression... if she is potty trained.. SHE was ready... the fact that dad is not means very little.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)