Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty Training PIOG

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:54 PM
  • 4 Replies

So tomorrow I will be starting my 17 month old daughter on potty training. She has been saying potty and shows interest in the potty when we are in there and also she grabs a diaper and the whips when she needs to be changed and pull at her diaper. Any suggestions would be great. I got both pull ups and underwear going to try the pull ups first simply because we live in an apartment and its all carpet so it's going to be a little hard to have all them messes to clean up. I haven't done this in qut some time since my older daughter is 5 any suggestions would be great :)

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Momof2sillygrls
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 12:06 AM

BUMP!

Kaelansmom
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 12:17 AM

I used to sit in front of DS while he was on the potty and read to him until he went and then we threw kinda a mini party.. music, dancing and he got to pick a toy out of a bucket.. (cheap toys.. but ya, better than candy everytime LOL)

Momof2sillygrls
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 12:29 AM

Oh good idea maybe i'll go to the dollar store and get some cheap things for her to pick out of a bucket. I hate potty training lol but she seems like she really wants to do it.

Quoting Kaelansmom:

I used to sit in front of DS while he was on the potty and read to him until he went and then we threw kinda a mini party.. music, dancing and he got to pick a toy out of a bucket.. (cheap toys.. but ya, better than candy everytime LOL)

jojuzach
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 7:28 PM

Personally I'm not a big fan of the pull-ups, think it still gives them more of the idea of being in a diaper. If you could find those old really thick underwear, I would try those over the pull-ups. But all in all it is just a game of patience, what I always did was to ask them approximately every half hour if they needed to potty. For a nephew of mine I bought him the potty book, and would read that with him several times a day. Girls do tend to train quicker then boys though, so hopefully she will have this in the bag quickly for you. Good luck 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)