Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you gotten rid of your stretchmarks?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 6:07 AM
  • 14 Replies

Just wondering if all those products sold in stores and online that promises to remove stretch marks really do work. Sometimes I would see testimonies on "people" swearig the products work but you'll never really know if they are telling the truth or the staff are the ones that wrote them lol. So have you used a stretchmark solution that really worked on your skin and totally removed the scars?

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 6:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamapaparazzi
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 6:27 AM

Nooooo, lol.  Mine are here to stay, lol.  I imagine those products can help small stretch marks, but they'd be useless on me.  My stomach looks like Freddy Krueger got a hold of me, lol.

tatar
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 6:40 AM

lol! *giggles* you're so funny lol!:)

Quoting mamapaparazzi:

Nooooo, lol.  Mine are here to stay, lol.  I imagine those products can help small stretch marks, but they'd be useless on me.  My stomach looks like Freddy Krueger got a hold of me, lol.

danie24
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 6:42 AM

Well.. I was only pregnant for 6 months with my daughter.. and she was 2 pounds at birth. So no stretch marks from her.

With my son.. I went a week past my due date and was freaking HUGE! But I STILL didn't get any stretch marks.. until after I gave birth to him. I had a few very faint lines but I can't even notice them unless I really look for them.

I used vitamin E cream on my big ol' belly. Maybe it worked.. it certainly wasn't my genes. My mom and sister's bellies look like they've been attacked by wild animals. LOL

mommyofblueyes
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 6:46 AM

I have not even tried, I figured there was no point until I have my second baby, because we are done after this one!  I have heard that StriVectin works pretty well, or at least lightens them up, so after I have this baby, and I am done BFing I will give it a try!  :)  I would not mind getting laser treatments oneday, but even that won't totally get rid of them.  I guess I am stuck with stretch marks forever.

How`s my pregnancy doing? soldierkiss.gif military couple image by CommentCrazyGirl

tatar
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 6:54 AM

Wow! lucky:) I wish I knew about Vit E before and the Cocoa Butter. I miss my old tummy lol

Quoting danie24:

Well.. I was only pregnant for 6 months with my daughter.. and she was 2 pounds at birth. So no stretch marks from her.

With my son.. I went a week past my due date and was freaking HUGE! But I STILL didn't get any stretch marks.. until after I gave birth to him. I had a few very faint lines but I can't even notice them unless I really look for them.

I used vitamin E cream on my big ol' belly. Maybe it worked.. it certainly wasn't my genes. My mom and sister's bellies look like they've been attacked by wild animals. LOL

tatar
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 6:55 AM

let us know if it works!:)

Quoting mommyofblueyes:

I have not even tried, I figured there was no point until I have my second baby, because we are done after this one!  I have heard that StriVectin works pretty well, or at least lightens them up, so after I have this baby, and I am done BFing I will give it a try!  :)  I would not mind getting laser treatments oneday, but even that won't totally get rid of them.  I guess I am stuck with stretch marks forever.

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:41 AM

i'm pretty sure you get what you get........i had 2 kids, now i'm 52 and still have stretch marks. my mom had 8 kids and didn't have any. 

Elyce225
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:54 AM

There is no cure for them, once you got them you can make them lighter but they will never go away. The best cream is mederma stretch mark, it's pretty pricey but it does help. With all three kids I only got one stretch mark. I had my belly button pierced and it went crazy when my belly got big. You can hardly notice it now though.

SunnyJoJo
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:40 AM

hahahahahahaha! no, I still have them.

I realy wanted to try mederma but I read on their website that it only works for "fresh" stretchmarks and mine are pretty old so it won't work for me. It's all good though, stretch marks and all I'm still fantastic.

If you want to view paradise, simply look around and view it.
Anything you want to, do it.
Want to change the world... There's nothing to it.

MoonLover06
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:42 AM
They are scars so they might fade but you can't get rid of them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)