Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you wish to instill in your children.....

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:04 PM
  • 10 Replies

What do you wish to instill in your children.....

....that your parents didn't teach you?

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
UxorQuodMatris
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:06 PM

Patience, value themselves and not to let others decide their worth,  a positive outlook and acceptance.  

Join CBU today! Tell them Shelley sent you!

Redteux
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:15 PM

Forgiveness.

Jessymessy
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:15 PM

My parents (didn't agree on hardly anything) taught me to have self-confidence, aproach life and everything in it with positivity. Have an open mind. Intention is important. Wanting to be a good person, wanting to do good for others, and following through with those intentions are important. Sometimes the outcome is not what you expected, but if your intentions were good, then  it is okay. (it is hard to explain in a short reply)

LUVMI4BOYZ
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:17 PM
Respect!! My parents didn't teach me I just picked it up on my own!! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CoeyG
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:19 PM

What I already instilled in her, a love of nature, acceptance, tolerance, discipline.

silvercrow
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:23 PM

My mother didnt teach me anything really.. i grew up in the slums near whore and drug houses... when we lived in better places, strippers, drag queens, and the GLBT community.. all of these things were normal to me... So i would like my kids to know that and that Love knows no boundaries and that i will be in their corner no matter what

ymadaris2
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:48 PM

proper morals, postive attitudes, have a non-prejudice attitude towards people of different cultures. like people for who they are, not there skin color or there background. be peaceable towards all god's children. be open-minded towards things or ideas. --Love is color is  blind, so, love someone who will love you back with all of your heart.-- And if you peel off every one skin, we are all the same underneath our skin.

Beatlemama
by Julie on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:56 PM

My parents taught me a lot, so it was hard for me to think of something I want to teach ds that they didn't teach me.  But since they were insanely overprotective, I would like to teach him that he can't live his life in a bubble and he should take a risk for something that is important to him.  I won't always be there to protect him, so I want him to learn how to pick himself back up when he "falls" and to not let fear dictate his life decisions.

NSeni
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:58 PM

to value yourself and have manners and be respectful to your elders.... and to have a plan for life after high school.

margroc
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:01 PM

My parents taught me a lot. Empathy (which is the most important thing imo); tolerance; compassion for others; etc.

The only thing I can think that I taught my son that my parents probably didn't do so well (I'm old; that's the way it was) is to instill self-confidence in him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)