Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you.. go blind or terminate a pregnancy? (poll)

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:53 AM
  • 16 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you..

Options:

Go blind and continue the pregnancy

Terminate the pregnancy and possibly save my eye sight (with drugs that you know were actually working)

Continue the pregnancy and continue the medication though it may pose risks to the fetus

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 20

View Results

Anyone else watching All My Children? Ughhhh.. I'm addicted to it.

Angie & Jessie are in their early 40s, have grown children, have full time careers (Angie is chief of staff at a hospital.. Jessie is the top guy at a police station). Angie and Jessie find out they are pregnant with a very much wanted baby. They also find out she is going blind.

She was taking experimental medication which was working for the infection in her eyes (which she got from a kid at the hospital). But she cannot take the medication while pregnant.

If she doesn't take the medication she will, without a doubt, go completely blind after a relatively short period of time.

Jessie is so in love with Angie. He doesn't want to watch her go blind and then have to care for a baby and leave her beloved career working at the hospital. He wants her to terminate the pregnancy and try again for a baby after they deal with the eye infection.

Angie stopped taking the medication and is quickly going blind again. She will not terminate or take the meds because they could negatively effect the fetus. She believes her blindness is somehow a blessing from god. She just doesn't know why yet.

What would YOU do?

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rockinmomto2
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:03 AM

LOL. This is why I hate soap operas. They are SO dramatic!!

Belle2683
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:27 AM

lolol I dont watch it....... but I would definitely terminate the pregnancy and worry about saving my sight. Then maybe we could try again for a baby when I was healthy.......

Umm__Rashid
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:34 AM

hmm....dont all meds pose some risk to baby?? might take the meds depending on the risks involved, or go ahead and go blind

Jessymessy
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:42 AM

go blind, keep the pregnancy!

Momof5Teens67
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:47 AM

Go Blind.  I would literally die for the sake of any of our kids and that includes when they were our kids still in my belly too.  I wouldnt want any of our kids DYING just so I can see.

Yvonne

-PB
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:47 AM

Hmm...That's a tough one.  I guess it would depend on how far into the pregnancy I was.  If I was less then 12 weeks I would probably terminate.  If more then 12 weeks I would probably not terminate and go blind.  I vote other.

Rachel789
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:52 AM
Quoting Momof5Teens67:

Go Blind.  I would literally die for the sake of any of our kids and that includes when they were our kids still in my belly too.  I wouldnt want any of our kids DYING just so I can see.

This. I honestly think I'd feel so guilty for killing one of my own children just because I wanted to be able to see
danie24
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:07 AM

I'd terminate without a doubt. Especially if I just found out and was still in the first trimester. I wouldn't have stopped the medication at all, either.

blsdbyangel07
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:13 AM

Same here. 

Quoting Jessymessy:

go blind, keep the pregnancy!

onefootcutiepie
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:15 AM

I wouldn't terminate. It's toss-up with continuing the medicine for me though...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)