Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*Updated* What a way for my "hometown" to get into the Smoking Gun - woman arrested for BWI (breastfeeding while intoxicated)

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:12 AM
  • 35 Replies

Was "leafing" through The Smoking Gun and came across some local news....

Police in North Dakota have arrested a woman for allegedly breast feeding her infant while drunk, The Smoking Gun reports.

Police received a call about a domestic disturbance at Stacey Anvarinia's home.  Anvarinia claimed she was assaulted by her boyfriend.  When the officers arrived at her home, they found Anvarinia "extremely intoxicated" and said she was "breast feeding her infant in front of us," according to the incident report. 

Police called an ambulance to evaluate the infant since alcohol can pass into a child's system from a mother's breast milk.  The child was taken to the hospital, according to the incident report.

Anvarinia faces charges of child abuse and neglect.  She pleaded not guilty to the charges this week.

Read more at TheSmokingGun.com.

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tinybubblez
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:17 AM

mother of the year. not.

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:22 AM

how do people believe rag reports? obviously they latch on to the bizarre part of the story and run with it. go into the bf'ing group....alot of think its good to drink wine to 'let down' their milk. 

ff-princess
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:58 AM

a glass of wine is a great deal different than "extremely intoxicated".  since that quote comes from the incident report, I would have to believe it's more than just a spin from a tabloid.  since the child was taken to the hospital, I'd assume that a blood draw was taken to test BAC.  if that comes back with a high number on it, they're going to prove their case.  y

ou don't get extremely intoxicated from one drink.  and if you're going out for a night on the town, the responsible thing to do is to pump and dump for as many hours as drinks you had.

Quoting EireLass:

how do people believe rag reports? obviously they latch on to the bizarre part of the story and run with it. go into the bf'ing group....alot of think its good to drink wine to 'let down' their milk. 

allurasmamma
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:05 PM

Wow. I'm speechless. To each their own.

LuvMyPenguins
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:08 PM

I agree with ff.... you can't compare one glass of wine to "extremely intoxicated". Also, over consumption of alcohol can deplete your breast milk.

Quoting ff-princess:

a glass of wine is a great deal different than "extremely intoxicated".  since that quote comes from the incident report, I would have to believe it's more than just a spin from a tabloid.  since the child was taken to the hospital, I'd assume that a blood draw was taken to test BAC.  if that comes back with a high number on it, they're going to prove their case.  y

ou don't get extremely intoxicated from one drink.  and if you're going out for a night on the town, the responsible thing to do is to pump and dump for as many hours as drinks you had.

Quoting EireLass:

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:59 PM

i don't drink wine and never drank while i had kids, so i can't bring it to a personal point of view.....my comment is based on the source of the story......we're not reading the incident report......we're reading a story off a ragmag, who's intent is to sell sensationalism. incident reports are not made public until all facts are complete. i look at the source of the story. 

Quoting ff-princess:

Quoting EireLass:

CoeyG
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:02 PM

"Mother's Milk" 100% proof!

ff-princess
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:17 PM

the second source given in the link at the bottom is for the NY Daily News.  While I wouldn't give TSG any more credibility than the National Enquirer, there is an independent "actual news" source provided as well.

the incident report may not be made public yet, but it's altogether probable that something was "leaked" by someone in the know.  I don't know any reputable news source that uses quotes for something that hasn't been verified.

Quoting EireLass:

i don't drink wine and never drank while i had kids, so i can't bring it to a personal point of view.....my comment is based on the source of the story......we're not reading the incident report......we're reading a story off a ragmag, who's intent is to sell sensationalism. incident reports are not made public until all facts are complete. i look at the source of the story. 

Quoting ff-princess:

Quoting EireLass:

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:22 PM

the country is a large place. the boston globe, the boston herald, etc.......

anything that sells is printable 

Quoting ff-princess:

the second source given in the link at the bottom is for the NY Daily News.  While I wouldn't give TSG any more credibility than the National Enquirer, there is an independent "actual news" source provided as well.

the incident report may not be made public yet, but it's altogether probable that something was "leaked" by someone in the know.  I don't know any reputable news source that uses quotes for something that hasn't been verified.

Quoting EireLass:

Quoting ff-princess:

Quoting EireLass:

MTM
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:24 PM

Quoting tinybubblez:

mother of the year. not.

my thoughts too ..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)