• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dying for another persons child and daycare

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:13 AM
  • 11 Replies
I have seen a few posts lately regarding daycare and things of that sort and last night a post on dying for another persons child. I'm not judging those who said no they would not die for some one elses child just pointing out why I could never leave my child in daycare. How would I ever know until it was to late whether the woman caring for my child would risk her life for my children? I wouldn't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lanie_momofone
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:17 AM

Ok but you cannot really take the two posts and mesh them together like that, because honestly...if you go back and ask ALL the members that said they would not save another persons child  to post, what their occupation is, i will bet any money that not ONE of them is a daycare provider.

I have a few friends that are daycare providers, and they love "their" kids to death, and miss them when they are gone, and feel bad when they are sick .....

So yea like i said, you cant mesh both posts together like that and come up with that you know what i mean?

Forget-me-not
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:26 AM
It's not really about messing posts, it's just one of the reasons I'm a sahm, I just thought I'd bring it up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tea4Tas
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:28 AM

Then you'd best not have more than one child. Because which one would you save?

You have 3 kids under the age of 5 and a fire breaks out-how do you save them all?

Frankly that is about the stupidest lamest excuse I ever heard to be a SAHM.

Anyone have a news story abut the Daycare provider who left her charges in the event of a fire?

CoeyG
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:41 AM

Actually it depends upon the type of day care.  If you have your children in a facility rather than home based your child's safety is almost guaranteed.  Those caregivers have to ensure a child's safety and well being according to their contracts while they are on the job.  If they don't then the parents can sue them as well as the day care facility and while I know money isn't going to bring back a child or their health it would make it more difficult for the facility to stay open and that care giver to ever get a job again...any type of job. 

In a home based day care if the care giver has children of her own she is more likely to ensure their safety first, just a "mom thing" . 

I had no problem entrusting my daughter to the day cares and preschools she was in and having worked in a home based day care I would most definately prefer to place a child in an actual facility. 

Forget-me-not
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:41 AM
I have 3 kids actually, and it may be a stupid reason to you but it's how I feel. I just don't feel comfortable trusting as precious as my children to a stranger who may or may not protect my child. That's just me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
danie24
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:14 AM

I'm a SAHM and would never put my kids in daycare.

I've also been a child care provider for most of my life.. from being an in home nanny to working as a teachers assistant at a preschool. I LOVE children. My past jobs have given me so much joy I can't even describe it. I would have died for any child.

Once I became a mom.. my children are my number 1. I would not die for anyone but them because they need me. I would do anything in my power to help a child.. and I'm  huge advocate for children's rights and eliminating child abuse and child poverty, etc. But I would not knowingly kill myself to save a child as long as I am a mother.

Just because I wouldn't kill myself for your kid does not mean I wouldn't take care of it like my own if I was responsible for their well being as their child care provider.

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:33 AM

so are they going to be allowed to go to school? 

Lanie_momofone
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:04 AM

Good point...

Quoting EireLass:

Forget-me-not
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:11 AM

Yes they are allowed to and have in the past but we are ultimately a homeschooling family, My beliefs are that they are my children and I am suppose to raise, keep safe and educate them.

Quoting Lanie_momofone:

Good point...

Quoting EireLass:

Jennifer, Crunchy Student Midwife, Wife and mother to Hannah 14, Abby 9 and my intact  Liam who is 1. We cloth diaper, treat our family naturally, ERF, EBF, birth narurally, co-sleep and try to tread lightly.

JeanPatrick
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:15 AM

For one instinct is one thing.  I don't think anyone thinks while in a situation I am not going to help that child because I am a mom and have kid.  You don't have time in certain situations to think.  I enjoy bringing my kids to day care twice a week.  They are very social, respectful kids and I was very careful picking up my kids day care provider.   They are in a safe enviorment.  If I was to say what if everyday I am sure my kids would end up pretty screwed up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)