Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ok please explain it to me cause im confused

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:02 PM
  • 183 Replies

so what is the big deal with gay marriage? i mean i really really dont get it. if a man and a woman love each other they get married so if a man and man or a woman and a woman love each other why cant they get married? why are people against it? i mean if you dont like it then dont be gay its that simple but i mean why cant two people wether same sex or different sex get married what is the big deal with letting gays get married? why is our country making such a big deal about it?

If this is you and your child then please come join us for some tips that could help with your child's behiavor.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/111425

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KellyMarie105
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:05 PM

Because it's against "god". Whoever the hell that is.

I'm not against it. I am very for it. But as soon as people start realizing that god isn't real then maybe they will be extending basic human rights to everyone. *shrug*

2girlshippiemom
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:19 PM

It's a religion issue is why it's illegal. I'm a Christian and I do believe being gay is a sin, but sins are also forgivable....but, to me gay marriage is a civil issue, not a religious one. I'm all for it, but I respect others opinions who are against it, because I believe everyone should have their own opinion. People who are for gay marriage that just put down those who don't like it are just as ignorant as they believe the others are.

momof2andloveit
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:21 PM

dh and i were discussing this last night and we both agree that all this mess is ridiculous, gay people aren't hurting anyone by being gay, if you feel that someone being gay is a sin well then why not just let God decide that when the time comes. 

2girlshippiemom
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:21 PM

That's just rude. I'm a Christian with a very close relation to God and I'm for gay marriage.

Quoting KellyMarie105:

I'm not against it. I am very for it. But as soon as people start realizing that god isn't real then maybe they will be extending basic human rights to everyone. *shrug*

KellyMarie105
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:22 PM

It's not rude, it's my opinion. 

Quoting 2girlshippiemom:

That's just rude. I'm a Christian with a very close relation to God and I'm for gay marriage.

Quoting KellyMarie105:

I'm a 27 year old pro-choice, formula feeding, pro-ERF, spanking as a last resort, animal loving, meat eating, anti-CIO, same sex marriage supporting, public schooling, Atheist. I'm Gavin's mom, Nathan's wife, but most importantly I am me and you don't have to like that. Respect my opinion and I will respect yours. 

KellyMarie105
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:23 PM

I could easily call you rude for this, but I can't because it's your opinion.

Quoting 2girlshippiemom:

It's a religion issue is why it's illegal. I'm a Christian and I do believe being gay is a sin, but sins are also forgivable....but, to me gay marriage is a civil issue, not a religious one. I'm all for it, but I respect others opinions who are against it, because I believe everyone should have their own opinion. People who are for gay marriage that just put down those who don't like it are just as ignorant as they believe the others are.

I'm a 27 year old pro-choice, formula feeding, pro-ERF, spanking as a last resort, animal loving, meat eating, anti-CIO, same sex marriage supporting, public schooling, Atheist. I'm Gavin's mom, Nathan's wife, but most importantly I am me and you don't have to like that. Respect my opinion and I will respect yours. 

2girlshippiemom
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:25 PM

That's in the Bible. What you said is assuming God isn't real when you don't even know. Have you been dead and came back to life?

Quoting KellyMarie105:

Quoting 2girlshippiemom:

KellyMarie105
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:28 PM

Actually, *I* do know. That's why it's called being an Atheist. Do your homework. And I don't care what's in the bible. Sorry chica, but just because something is in the bible does NOT make it a fact.

But now that you mention it, have you been dead and come back to life to prove to me that there is, in fact, a god?

Quoting 2girlshippiemom:

That's in the Bible. What you said is assuming God isn't real when you don't even know. Have you been dead and came back to life?

Quoting KellyMarie105:

Quoting 2girlshippiemom:

CoeyG
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:29 PM

Because those who are against it are usually religious fanatics who for some reason think that"god' invented marriage.  Marriage was a civil union (invented by humans) since the "big bang".  It began when father's or heads of tribes would give away land, money, lifestock to men willing to take their female children off their hands so that they could feed, clothe, protect more sons.  Which is why, quite often back in history there were so many older men marrying 12 year old girls. 

Today marriage is a civil union period.  The only time religion enters into the marriage is if the couple getting married decide to have a church wedding or a religious officiate.  A couple who gets married in the office of city hall with no mention of religious diety are just as married as the Catholic couple getting married with the High Mass performed.  Only differnce is that when they're divorced the Catholic couple has to go through all the religious red tape to have the marriage annuled, (and any children born of that union declared bastards by the way), if they want to remarry in the church while the couple who got married at City Hall with no reference to relgious diety can say "bye have a nice life" and go get married to the next person if they so choose. 

The way I look at it.  I don't care who married who, I know gay couples who have been together almost 50 years where as the straight couples who were married have long since divorced (including myself).  If you are homophobic and don't like gay marraiges all I can advise is that you don't attend on if you're invited.  Who knows you could wind up having a GAY OLD TIME

KellyMarie105
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:29 PM

Aw hell, this has turned into a religious debate. Too bad I don't have time to sit here all day and see how it goes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)