Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is SUCKY...

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:09 PM
  • 6 Replies

I am haviing a garage sale today and NOTHING... I have sold maybe 5-6 things... YUCK. I have TONS of stuff still...

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Aimee_wren
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:32 PM

I haven't even made it to town today to go look for sales....maybe its just one of those days :s

bamababe1975
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:47 PM

That does suck. Try again next weekend, maybe? And start super early?

CoeyG
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:51 PM

Coming home from dropping Shannon at work I went through town, there were three garagae sales going on.  Shanonn is looking for a small dresser so I peeked, one had a bunch of children's toys, you know the big wheels, turtle sandbox, Little Tyke's stuff.  Another had a bunch of old "Knick Knacks", probably from someone who recently passed away and the family didn't know what to do with the stuff, nothing I was interested in.  Another one seemed to have an assortment of junk...and I mean junk, an old bike so old that the tires had inner tubes, I noted that because one of the tired and tubes was drapped over the handlebars of the bike.  There was a broken wheel barrel there tool and what looked like old tools, some guy with a tool fetish would have a hard on going past there

seth.ethan225
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:07 PM

Quoting bamababe1975:

That does suck. Try again next weekend, maybe? And start super early?

Started at 5 am. I think I will try again...anyone in St. Charles illinois!!!!!

CaptainCookie
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:26 PM

Yeah last time I had a garage sale, I had 2 people show up and one of them was one of my friends. Now, I just donate because its easier for me.

Good luck on your sale...

Deezeekay
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 5:49 PM

I have 3-4 yard sales a year. I start setting up at 7:00. I have everything separated (a table for 50 cents only, a table for $1.00, stuffed toys spread out on a blanket, girls tee shirts hanging and priced at $1.00, etc) I have a big cooler setup with bottled water for 50 cents a bottle (those sell like hot cakes), and I always try to have some 60's-70's music playing in the background. I shut my sale down at  2:00pm and luckily I seem to clear $200.00 or more just buy selling mostly my daughters clothes and knick knacks.  I try to get a couple of my neighbors to do a yard sale on the same day-we try to have at least 4 families participate and that seems to work for us.  Good luck on your next try!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)