• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Schwarzenegger Files Motion To Immediately Resume Gay Marriages

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:17 PM
  • 9 Replies

On one hand i am Happy i did this... On the Other he had a Huge hand in putting astop to it in the first place.. he had been (dont know if he still is) very against this... Read and tell me what you think....

Schwarzenegger Files Motion To Immediately Resume Gay Marriages

In an extraordinary court filing, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger asked Friday that gay marriages be allowed to resume immediately in California

after a federal ruling that the state's voter-approved ban on gay marriage is unconstitutional.

The Republican governor filed his brief with U.S. District Court Judge Vaughn R. Walker before a Friday deadline to submit arguments on whether to continue a stay of Walker's decision against Proposition 8.

"The Administration believes the public interest is best served by permitting the Court's judgment to go into effect, thereby restoring the right of same-sex couples to marry in California," wrote Kenneth C. Mennemeier, an attorney representing Schwarzenegger, in the brief. "Doing so is consistent with California's long history of treating all people and their relationships with equal dignity and respect."

Homosexuality is NOT a choice, but Homophobia is

I saw a great bumper sticker today
TEA PARTIES - are for little girls with imaginary friends.
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity --Martin Luther King, Jr.

Rainbow Man - Hawaiian God who is the lover of love, eliminator of boundaries
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
BleedinHeartMom
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:32 PM

silvercrow
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:56 PM

Thanks i am tickled for a friend of mine.. i am hoping this is the push he needs to ask his man to marry him.. if his man hasnt asked aleady

Quoting BleedinHeartMom:

Mrs.LSU
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:02 PM

looks like they are marrying their twins. lol!! 

Quoting BleedinHeartMom:

lilywitch
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:07 PM

Hey sweetie, have you seen this?

Sillymama530
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:42 PM

While I hate Arnold (I think he's really effed up my state), I have to give him props for this.  Woohoo!  Doin' my happy dance now....

Sillymama530
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:44 PM

I feel the same way for my Uncle.  If his father, who was a minister in a Christian church accepted him with unconditional love, I think the rest of society should accept him and people like him.

Quoting silvercrow:

Thanks i am tickled for a friend of mine.. i am hoping this is the push he needs to ask his man to marry him.. if his man hasnt asked aleady

Quoting BleedinHeartMom:

CoeyG
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:49 PM

It's about time Arnold got a clue!

silvercrow
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:56 PM

Sorry i was making Lasgna from scratch... I am tickled that he finally got off his high horse and did something right... Not to sound silly stupid or bitchy.. ( things i am always accused of) Think about how allowing them this civil right could help us recover.. There are Many many many gay and lesbians who want to get married.. Some have money to throw Lavish affairs... It would be a hell of a boom to everything if the government would get of its lazy asses and make it a federal law that ALL people are allowed to marry

greenie63
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 5:02 PM

clapping

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)