Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Don't Want Your Huband(s)!!!!

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:27 PM
  • 24 Replies

I work in the maintenance department at my job. While I am no where near a mechanic, I work in the parts room, issuing tools, handling paperwork for equipment, parts, work to be done, and work completed. I primarily have a desk job and answer calls to the windows as parts are needed.

If you haven't figured it out already, I work in a predominantly male department. My dh is okay with my job. He knows that the only female interaction I have is when I take my break and go up front. The problem comes from my coworkers wives. More than one of them seem to think I have no business working in the same department as their husbands. I have an acquaintance that knows a few of the other wives. I have been told that they have been questioning her, about what kind of person I am, am I trustworthy, and why would I want to work in a male industry.

First off, I am good at my job. The benefits from my company are outstanding and not easy to walk away from. I am happily married with no intent of ever cheating, regardless of where I work. The pay is decent, and I have to work to help keep my household afloat.

Yes, I hear the mechanics air their dirty laundry to each other. After all, they are my coworkers. But, I do not feel it is my place to interfere with their home lives. If these women only knew, I am the least of their worries!!! Several of they guys have requested me as a friend on facebook. I have nothing to hide, so most of them, I have confirmed. They are my work friends afterall. A couple of the wives have added me as well. Again, I have nothing to hide!!! A few have since blocked me, but that doesn't bother me. It does seem a little petty and childish, but nothing for me to cry over, because I don't know them.

I just get aggravated from time to time because these women think that I want their man, and it couldn't be further from the truth. I only know, talk, and interact with them because it's part of my job, nothing more. And when I am at home, my time is spent focused on MY dh and our dd. Work is then left at work.

Vent over........

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
avajeansmomma
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:29 PM

Dang that sucks. They are really insecure!!! 

nemiller
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:34 PM

that sucks.  my husband has a job where women are in the extreme minority.  i've never had a problem with the idea of him working with females.  they certainly didn't join the marine corps with the express purpose of stealing MY husband.  and, really, he's the one who's responsible for not cheating, not other women.  the only female he's worked with that i had a problem with, only became an issue for me AFTER i saw her flirting with him.  and even then, i just told him to watch himself and be sure he isn't alone with her (which was easy enough since there was no reason for them to be alone).

rh2pinkie
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:35 PM

Yeah, it doesn't help that most of them are SAHM's who have young children, and never any adult time to be themselves. I've been accused more than once of having an affair....it gets old after a while.

Quoting avajeansmomma:

rh2pinkie
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:39 PM

occasionally i do have to request help from them for heavy lifting, but i usually seek out the supervisor first. if he is unavailable, then i go to the ones that are actually able to lift without hurting something, you know? nothing personal, just work help.....

Quoting nemiller:

that sucks.  my husband has a job where women are in the extreme minority.  i've never had a problem with the idea of him working with females.  they certainly didn't join the marine corps with the express purpose of stealing MY husband.  and, really, he's the one who's responsible for not cheating, not other women.  the only female he's worked with that i had a problem with, only became an issue for me AFTER i saw her flirting with him.  and even then, i just told him to watch himself and be sure he isn't alone with her (which was easy enough since there was no reason for them to be alone).

yasbobari
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:40 PM

I am a SAHM wiith young kids, lol, i think its ridiculous though what they are doing,hope it gets better for you.

Quoting rh2pinkie:

Yeah, it doesn't help that most of them are SAHM's who have young children, and never any adult time to be themselves. I've been accused more than once of having an affair....it gets old after a while.

Quoting avajeansmomma:

LyTe684
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:40 PM
Yeah, if they can't trust their oen husbands, YOU are tye least of their worries. Would they feel the same if their DH's were males nurses, in a predominetly female work environment? Their issues go way deeper that YOU. They need to evaluate their relationships and take a nice long look at themselves and quit being sexist against their own sex. JMO!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.LSU
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:43 PM

The wives seem very insecure.  Don't take if personally, I'm sure it has nothing to do with you.  Just live your life and if they care to get to know you then wonderful.  If not let them be insecure about it.

LyTe684
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:44 PM
P.S. Sorry about all the typos... Can't edit via mobile.

Quoting LyTe684:

Yeah, if they can't trust their oen husbands, YOU are tye least of their worries. Would they feel the same if their DH's were males nurses, in a predominetly female work environment? Their issues go way deeper that YOU. They need to evaluate their relationships and take a nice long look at themselves and quit being sexist against their own sex. JMO!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SunnyJoJo
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:45 PM

Just play this song on a boom box while your at work... lol sorry I'm in such a silly mood today and your post made me totally think of this song... don't mind me.

If you want to view paradise, simply look around and view it.
Anything you want to, do it.
Want to change the world... There's nothing to it.

mcclellanlass
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:47 PM

lol.... don't worry, let them be jealous and insecure ladies. They will be the doom of their marriages. I've had the same situation before. It all works itself out, and you are left completely satisfied with the outcome. =)

infant

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)