Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need a new book

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:55 PM
  • 22 Replies

I am in a funk and can't get into any book I try recently. So I am looking for recommendations. Books I have liked:

Harry Potter (all of them)

The DaVinci Code

The Lost Symbol

The Book Of Bright Ideas

Eating The Cheshire Cat

I know there are more but I can't think of them. I want to read right now but my book isn't keeping my attention (The Broker). Maybe that will change but if it doesn't I would love suggestions...

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
eeyorerdl
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:57 PM

It's an older one...(early 2000's, if not earlier)...but HOT ZONE, not sure of author.  Novel about Ebola virus...
I'm not a "reader", takes a lot to get my attention on a good book.  This was a good one!

BeachMomma424
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 12:00 AM
If u like mystery crime solving with some humor I would recommend anything by james patterson or janet evonovich they will suck u on from pg 1
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KotaBaby
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 12:04 AM

the mortal instruments trilogy is good. its another vampire, shadow hunters, werewolves, ect book series. i've read the 1st two and they are both really good! they are a young adult series, but still worth reading! they are written by cassandra clare

simplysarah77
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 12:07 AM

Vampire Academy series is AWESOME! Just got done reading book 5, there is one more due in December.

http://www.richellemead.com/books/vampireacademy.htm

FrenchGrey
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 12:08 AM
Twilight Saga The Sue Grafton Mysteries The Southern Vampire series
SweetTea98
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 12:09 AM
I've only read one fiction book in probably the last 10-12 yrs. It was "The Shack" , I wasn't really impressed. Biography, History and Christian books are all I read now...I'm no help unless you enjoy that type of read. Tonight I started "The Prayer of Jabez"..the book is so small, I'll be done tonight too!
jmetz4
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 12:09 AM

Awesome. Thanks guys. I hope one (maybe all) of these will catch and keep my attention. I love reading (I read slow) and the husband is deployed so I am going nuts with having to force myself into a book

EmmasMom0305
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 2:12 AM

Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series.

hopemommy2
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 2:19 AM

I WOULD SAY BREAKING DAWN, LOVE THIS BOOK, TWILIGHT SAGA, LOVE THIS BOOK,

ALSO I AM A FAN OF ANY N ALL JAMES PATTERSON BOOKS,,,

ENJOY READING.happy

KellyMarie105
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 2:25 AM

Do you like Vampire stories? I highly recommend The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova. It's got the perfect amount of fiction and non-fiction mixed up into a great novel. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)