Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Another Obama Post~

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 5:02 AM
  • 151 Replies

Interesting concept. Your thoughts ladies~

Rev. Franklin Graham: President Obama 'born a Muslim'

The Rev. Franklin Graham is pictured. | AP Photo
The Rev. Franklin Graham said Obama was 'born a Muslim' because his father was Muslim. | AP Close

By ANDY BARR | 8/20/10 11:13 AM EDT

The Rev. Franklin Graham on Friday said that President Barack Obama was "born a Muslim" because the religion's "seed" is passed from the father.

Graham made the remark during an interview with CNN's John King set to air Friday night after being asked about a new Pew poll showing that 31 percent of Republicans believe the president - a Christian - is Muslim.

Asked by King if he, too, has doubts about the president's faith, Graham said that Obama's "problem is he was born a Muslim."

"The seed is passed through the father," Graham said. "He was born a Muslim. His father was a Muslim; the seed of Muslim is passed through the father like the seed of Judaism is passed through the mother. He was born a Muslim; his father gave him an Islamic name."

Graham, the son of evangelist Billy Graham, acknowledged that Obama has said he is a Christian.  

"He has renounced Islam, and he has accepted Jesus," Graham said. "That's what he has said he has done. I cannot say that he hasn't, so I just have to believe the president is what he has said."

"But the confusion is because his father is a Muslim; he was born a Muslim. The Islamic world sees the president as one of theirs. That's why Qadhafi calls him his son. They see him as a Muslim," he added. "But, of course, the president says he is a Christian, and we just have to accept it as that."

Read more:
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0810/41292.html#ixzz0xVnRW1tE

Pink Blondie Glitter Glitters

by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 5:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blondekosmic15
by Platinum Member on Aug. 24, 2010 at 5:03 AM

Need to catch a lil' shuteye. Will ck. back later today~

Pink Blondie Glitter Glitters

momaof8
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2010 at 6:50 AM
1 mom liked this

I really don't care what his faith is I just don't like him.

jean_marie1987
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 7:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh my freakin' god! It's not a disease. Religion is something you come to on your own. It doesn't get passed down! Obama is a Christian. Who cares what his name is? He didn't pick it. What if his parents would have named him Moses Aaron? If his name is the big dealbreaker, then get over it! He didn't choose it! I'm sure there are many non-Christians out there with Bible names. Does that make them liars for having Christian names and saying they are some other if any? Please get over the religion thing! There are so many more important things to discuss regarding the president!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maciymommieof3
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 7:16 AM

to heavy for me

teddysmom08
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 8:36 AM

That's why I love Franklin Graham! He is not afraid to tell it like it is, whether people like it or not!

SkyMonkey
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 8:41 AM

His father may be muslim, he may not have been born in America, but his mother is American-which means by law he is AMERICAN. Get over it people.

alexsmomaubrys2
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 8:42 AM

What a load of shit.

I am so sick of this argument over Muslim or not. You know this is tearing our country apart because we are alienating part of our society with this constant bickering.

The muslims in this country or in most countries for that matter are NOT EVIL! THEY ARE NOT TRYING TO OVER THROW US! They are trying to live their lives and would rather be left the hell alone.

Our local Mosque doesn't even have a sign out front because it was being vandalized.

I worked with 2 Muslim girls, wore the headscarves and long dresses, sweet and caring girls. Lovely family, their father use to bring us the best treats. After 9-11 they had to quit working because GOD FEARING people were threatening THEIR LIVES on the bus to work.

It is SICK and WRONG people. GET THE FUCK OVER YOURSELVES!

Jessymessy
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 9:32 AM

WHY SHOULD I CARE

daughter_2.jpgbangel.gifdrinkblink18.gifmiscblink40.giffollowers.gif

Raintree
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 9:33 AM

Cranky Franky again:)

Gretchen2876
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 9:46 AM
I don't pretend to know a whole lot about the Muslim Religion, but based on what I have heard about Religions that are "passed down", it's generally from the mother. The care giver that is responsible for bringing the child up in a faith.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)