Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wedding Gift Thank You Letters...I have a dilemma....kinda long...**SORRY**

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 9:00 AM
  • 23 Replies

Poll

Question: If this happened to you...what would you do honestly?

Options:

Yup send them right out.

Heck no, that was a lot of work and COST

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 10

View Results

So I've been married well over a year now, got married in 6/07/09. I wrote out all of my thank you cards 4 months after the wedding, putting a wedding picture and a personalized message in each one, there were about 100. I mail them out...putting them IN my mailbox on my way to work in the morning...

Now fast forward to this weekend...my downstairs neighbors recently moved out...and they were nightmare neighbors to say the least. My landlord was down there cleaning up the mess they left and found in the closet up on a shelf under some newspapers and who knows what else...my THANK YOU letters. NOT in once piece but looking like they had gone through a effin shredder!! Only reason I know they are mine is you can see DH's head and my head in some of the shredded pictures.

So here is my dilema...do I not resend them all out...(It cost A LOT to print out all those pictures) or do I resend them???

Some back story because I know the Trolls will want to know...They have only lived downstairs for 2 years and have commited the following neighbor "crimes" against us...

*Stole our cat, told us it was dead and gave it to a friend, who in return gave the cat back to us because he thought it was wrong.

*Smoked pot inside and made my house smell like a hippie den from the 60's and wouldn't stop until the landlord got the cops involved.

*Tried to have my car towed from our driveway.

*Blocked my 63 Y/O Aunt in our driveway for 5 hours just to be assholes.

*Called my homosexual friend slurs when he walked by their house (Which he has to do to get to our apartment, no other eay)

We aren't the only people having trouble with this couple either, the neighbors on both sides of my building have made complaints to the landlord, 1 tenant in my building moved out to avoid them, and another was getting ready to move out. Hence the eviction process. They owed like 5 months of rent and most of their deposit. So no, it's not us. They are druggies who have a discusting sense of entitlement and are just rude.

Thanks in advance for those of you who help!

slideMom to Anthony 8/25/01groomWife to Paul 6/7/09

by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 9:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Newtons06
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 9:02 AM
I would say no because its been over a year but I don't really know te proper etiquette for that sort of thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommySwiggles
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2010 at 9:02 AM

Messing with your mail is a federal offense. I would be calling the cops.

mereinhart28
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 9:03 AM

I would probably send something, maybe a letter or something that says, it was just brought to my attention that our Thank-you letters never made it to you. Just wanted to drop you a note and say thanks so much for your wonderful gift.......idk

rockinmama07
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 9:04 AM

I would just resend the thank you cards to those who gave you gifts, with a note inside that you just discovered your originals never made it to them.  I wouldn't include a picture, just the thank you and an explanation/apology.

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Aug. 24, 2010 at 9:04 AM

none of the neighbor stuff is pertinant info......send the thank you's 

NotUrMama72
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 9:07 AM

Quoting rockinmama07:

I would just resend the thank you cards to those who gave you gifts, with a note inside that you just discovered your originals never made it to them.  I wouldn't include a picture, just the thank you and an explanation/apology.

clovismommy25
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 9:10 AM

I would say no, but I would def let the ones know, who would be upset not to get one!

hepmommy
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 9:11 AM

These two ladies said it well.  I'd re-do them.

• by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 8:03 AM
  • I would probably send something, maybe a letter or something that says, it was just brought to my attention that our Thank-you letters never made it to you. Just wanted to drop you a note and say thanks so much for your wonderful gift.......idk

• Quote Reply
  • Send mereinhart28 a Message | Friend Invite
  • rockinmama07
  • by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 8:04 AM
  • I would just resend the thank you cards to those who gave you gifts, with a note inside that you just discovered your originals never made it to them.  I wouldn't include a picture, just the thank you and an explanation/apology.

ajswenson
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 9:14 AM

Yep something like this.  I totally remember when people don't send thank you notes.  It's about as tacky as can be.  Obviously you went above and beyond and circumstances beyond your control stepped in.  Even a postcard type thank you with the same message would suffice.

That sucks.  What rudeness!

Quoting mereinhart28:

I would probably send something, maybe a letter or something that says, it was just brought to my attention that our Thank-you letters never made it to you. Just wanted to drop you a note and say thanks so much for your wonderful gift.......idk

maplesx3invt
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 9:34 AM

Well I guess it's a damned if I do situation then. I figured I would get questions, hence the explanation!

Quoting EireLass:

none of the neighbor stuff is pertinant info......send the thank you's 

slideMom to Anthony 8/25/01groomWife to Paul 6/7/09

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)