Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teenaged boy sends Obama threatening email

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 9:40 AM
  • 39 Replies

I got a call from my son last night, who is away at school.  apparently, another student sent a letter to the president, full of threats and racial epithets, including tossing "the N word" around left and right.

he is no longer a student at the school, his parents are now out over $30,000 for a single email.  whoops!  when the school says they monitor your email, they MEAN they monitor your email.  you would think after as many boys as got dismissed last year that they'd figure out the administration isn't kidding around!

by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 9:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Raintree
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 9:42 AM

That's crazy-ness.

Rose_Marie
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 9:53 AM
Good for the school! I don't care who the boy was writing to, that's beyond ridiculous and deserves severe consequence.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tinybubblez
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 9:54 AM

what an idiot...he should go to jail.

lex07
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 9:56 AM

I know its wrong. And I know he was using a shool computer. But isnt that like invasion of privacy??

atlmom2
by Susie on Aug. 24, 2010 at 9:58 AM

You can't threaten the president.  You can say he is the worst ever, and talk about what he does you don't like, but you can't threaten.  You can't threaten anyone really. 

SkyMonkey
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 9:58 AM

The $30,000 fine is nuts. And I think expulsion was over reaction. AND I do not think that the school should have the right to monitor emails.

emelymac
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 9:59 AM

Good! Serves him right for being a moron and thinking that he could send a threatening letter to the President of the US and NOT get in trouble.

Rose_Marie
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:00 AM
No. They have the right in schools and the workplace to monitor email.

Quoting lex07:

I know its wrong. And I know he was using a shool computer. But isnt that like invasion of privacy??

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TattedMommyof2
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:04 AM

Good.  He should go to jail.  

A friend of mine was sitting in a bar back when Bush was in office.  He made the comment "Man, that guy needs to be shot."  The bartender called the cops because she thought my friend was a terrorist. He's greek.  He has the full beard and bushy hair. The FBI showed up at this small town bar and arrested him.  He was in jail for two weeks for that comment.  

lex07
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:07 AM

Yes but they still have constitutional rights. Just as they cant go searching lockers and back packs without probabal cause. Students are entitled to some privacy.

Quoting Rose_Marie:

No. They have the right in schools and the workplace to monitor email.

Quoting lex07:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)