Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 year old walks to fire station to save Dad

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 9:56 AM
  • 7 Replies

(Aug. 23) -- When her father collapsed in their living room, 3-year-old Alesaundra Tafoya knew what to do.

The Manteca, Calif., toddler walked two blocks to the fire station, where she told firefighters her father was "frozen" and needed help.

"I've been here over 20 years, it's the first time I've had a 3-year-old walk up to the fire station," Manteca Fire Department Capt. Robert Villalovoz told CBS 13. "She walked us down to her house and there her dad was, sitting in the living room, needing medical care."

According to the Manteca Bulletin, Alesaundra made it as far as the parking lot behind the fire department when members of an Alcoholics Anonymous support group meeting next door noticed that the toddler looked confused and helped her make it the rest of the way into the fire station.

Alesaundra Tafoya visits the fire station where she went to get help for her father.
CBS 13
Alesaundra Tafoya, 3, visits the fire station where she went to get help for her father.

Alesaundra may have saved her dad's life. Her father, Frank Tafoya, says he accidentally overdosed on prescription medication. "Took a mixture of medication I wasn't supposed to at the time, a bedtime dose, and I guess I collapsed," he said.

Her parents said they'd been pointing out the fire station as a place to go to get help in case of an emergency

MOM'S WITH TEENS Group MOD

by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
danie24
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:04 AM
Omg that made me cry! What a smart girl!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
allurasmamma
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:05 AM

This is so great! I make sure my kids also know what to do. But the main thing is stay calm.

What a little hero. I hope this gets as much attention as the bad guys do.

CoeyG
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:11 AM

Smart cookie that one.

wilesmomma
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:13 AM
That is amazing!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2jngnc
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:14 AM

very nice :)

tatar
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:34 PM

awwww! snifff...snifff...what a good and  smart girl!

allurasmamma
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:39 PM

Bump- for the hero.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)