Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

$500,000? OMG!

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:09 AM
  • 10 Replies

yes that is right, $500,000 is what you can help win for 1000s of sick/disabled kids who suffer and die from Rett Syndrome. 
All you have to do is go place a FREE vote! 
My eight year old daughter almost died from Rett last April.  Too many kids have already died from it. 
Rett has been cured in Mice.  Please help win this research money so our kids can have a better life.  
VOTE HERE http://www.refresheverything.com/search/?q=rett  and text (free) 100842 to number 73774

This contest ends 8/31 at midnight.  I am begging you to vote. Every single vote will help. 
To learn more watch my youtube video  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVVZxLHqa1A
Thank you!

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stayhomemomtwo
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:11 AM

voted

LilMommaInSC
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:15 AM

Thank you so much.  *hug*
Feel free to pas the info along to anyone else who might want to help with a vote.  Email it, facebook it, anything. 

LilMommaInSC
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:05 AM

BUMP!

danie24
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:37 AM

What is Rett Syndrome?

LilMommaInSC
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:54 AM

Quoting danie24:

What is Rett Syndrome?

Rett Syndrome is caused my a mutation or defect on the x chromosome.  Baby girls are born healthy and develop normally until about two years old.  Then they suddenly start losing every skill they have learned.  Up until that point, the parents or doctors never knew anything was wrong.  Rett syndrome affects the whole body. It causes seizures, severe scoliosis, GI problems, loss of hand use, loss of chewing and swallowing due to poor muscle control.  Most kids, like my own, rely on a feeding tube.  Rett takes away the ability to walk, crtawl, stand and even sit up on their own.  Rett Also takes away the ability to speak!  Mentally the children have developed fine, they understand when you talk to them they just can't respond.  There are about 30,000 kids in the US with Rett Syndrome.  They die young, we almost lost our daughter last April.  Boys who have Rett die soon after birth. 
Rett has been cured in mice, so we remain hopeful that one day there will be help for these kids.  My Sara has such a great personality despite all she goes through.  She laughs, smiles all the time and gives hugs and kisses. 
Please help us with a simple vote. 

gulfcoastmom4
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:43 PM

I don't text, sorry

LilMommaInSC
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:49 PM

Quoting gulfcoastmom4:

I don't text, sorry

You can voe online instead  :)

tinamswank
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:01 PM

done n thank you I have a beautiful 11 year old name Hana who has this!

AidanCamsMom
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:12 PM

Voted! :)

LilMommaInSC
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:40 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)