Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Too excited to sleep

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:53 AM
  • 10 Replies

So the lady above me is supposed to be fully moved out BY Sept 1st.....I have the spare key to her appartment so I can keep an eye on her three cats. Well, two of the cats are gone, and odd items have been moved out, coffee table, her clothes, DVD collection, kids toy box & clothes, but not computer, television, the cat who's left behind and a few other items. The landlord said that whatever is still there on September 1st we can take! I would firstly take the cat she left and the turtle and rehome them myself and then take all of the toys left, electronics and childs furniture. I am curious to see how Captain irresposible is going to handle this, considering she still has over half an appartment and could NOT afford a moving van for the 2 hour drive to her new home. I <3 free things

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MeLuvYou
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:56 AM
I know here in NYS. It's not legal to give tenants things away. Even if they say they are moving or get evicted. I think if you take anything and she comes back to get it, you and you landlord are opening up a can of worms. Sorry:/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamapaparazzi
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:57 AM

I wouldn't feel right about taking someone's stuff like that... that's just me.

Spidermonkey531
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:59 AM

Here in Wisconsin it's illegal they have 45 days to claim then it has to be handed over to the police... be careful.  In regards to animals, the BAHS or Animal Control would have to be called.

Commie_Mommie
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:59 AM

Quoting MeLuvYou:

I know here in NYS. It's not legal to give tenants things away. Even if they say they are moving or get evicted. I think if you take anything and she comes back to get it, you and you landlord are opening up a can of worms. Sorry:/

Where I am, after a lease is up and things remain inside, it goes out to the curb that same day. She's a big girl and shold have arranged things in a mature fashion. She left her darn animals for goodness sake.

mamapaparazzi
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:00 AM

What state are you in?

Quoting Commie_Mommie:

Quoting MeLuvYou:

Where I am, after a lease is up and things remain inside, it goes out to the curb that same day. She's a big girl and shold have arranged things in a mature fashion. She left her darn animals for goodness sake.

Commie_Mommie
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:00 AM

Quoting mamapaparazzi:

I wouldn't feel right about taking someone's stuff like that... that's just me.

It's either me or someone else **shrug**

Our family could really use a lot of it, and the clothes we are donating

Commie_Mommie
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:02 AM

IL **gag**

He is throwing her stuff out Tuesday, so it's fair game. I would say 90% is of no use to her anyways.

Quoting mamapaparazzi:

What state are you in?

Quoting Commie_Mommie:

Quoting MeLuvYou:

robinalbright
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:04 AM
he can't give you her stuff. SHE HAS 30 DAYS AFTER THAT SHE CAN PICK UP HER STUFF.BUT LANDLORD CAN CHARGE HER STORAGE FEES.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeLuvYou
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:06 AM
That's what it is in NY. Can't throw the stuff out and get rid of it. It's either the landlord stores it and charges or moves it to a storage unit and the tenant can't get their things until the storage is paid.

Quoting robinalbright:

he can't give you her stuff. SHE HAS 30 DAYS AFTER THAT SHE CAN PICK UP HER STUFF.BUT LANDLORD CAN CHARGE HER STORAGE FEES.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Commie_Mommie
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:07 AM

Quoting robinalbright:

Nope. She signed a month to month agreement and her stuff HAS to be out BY the first. That is her deadline. The appartment HAS to be cleaned anyways because their is feces and vommit on the floor from her cat, and the place stinks like cat piss.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)