Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

resume help

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:48 AM
  • 4 Replies
I have been a nursing assistant for the past 7yrs. I'm 23 yrs old and I'm sooo ready for something new! I have never had to write a resume and I think I need one lol. I'm currently enrolled in college for my bachelors degree in business science so I'd like to get a job as a receptionist or something mite related to my field
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
danie24
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:56 AM

I like to put my resume on one page, if possible. It looks nice and neat.. and you still add a cover letter.. so 2 pages is more than enough, I think.

For mine..

I have my name, address, email and phone number at the top of the page..

Followed by education..

Followed by work experience..

Followed by volunteer work..

Followed by references (I have 3) and give them the full reference right on my resume. Some people prefer to say contact for references or whatever, but I don't.

It doesn't have to be anything fancy. Just write down all your past work and education experience (by year/date with the most recent at the top) and then put it in a nice, neat format.

j45505
by Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:03 AM

Send me a pm with a pe-mail and I'll send you a copy of mine to cut and past your own info into.

allurasmamma
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:25 AM

Awe, that is very nice of you to do that for her.

Quoting j45505:

Send me a pm with a pe-mail and I'll send you a copy of mine to cut and past your own info into.

Andrewsmomom
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:37 AM
I'm on mobile right now so I'll just give you my email here thank you I really appreciate that! sheridanwhitman@yahoo.com
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)