Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what's for dinner...?

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:55 AM
  • 37 Replies

i have some venison in a crock pot with fresh peppers and tomatoes (from my garden) and some red potatoes (from a farmer friend)....the aroma is driving my doggie nutz. lol

eating

so, what are YOU having..?

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Just_Bethy
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:58 AM

I am doing Chicken and cheese enchiladas with cheese rice and a side salad...

syohe10
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:59 AM

Not really sure yet but we are having corn on the cob.

mcginnisc
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:02 AM

Turkey meatloaf, mashed potatoes, low fat crescent rolls, and veggies.... I usually make at least 2 veggies- having the potatoes is quite the rarity around here! LOL

My meatlloaf has onions, mushrooms, spinach, fresh thyme, fresh parsley, fresh sage, and fresh basil in it...my family loves it!

Claire

tinybubblez
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:05 AM

yum, yum, yum...keep 'em coming :)

that meatloaf with spinach...gonna have to try !

SunnyJoJo
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:33 AM

Beef Stroganoff. I use dill in mine and it makes it fabulous! Some of the honey glazed carrots I made and froze yesterday, and turtle brownies for dessert.

This is my family, It's little and broken, but still good... Yeah... Still good.

mcginnisc
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:34 AM

Quoting tinybubblez:

yum, yum, yum...keep 'em coming :)

that meatloaf with spinach...gonna have to try !

Here's how I make the meatloaf...keep in mind I'm a Chef by trade and don't measure anything! LOL

Ground turkey- I'm using 2 lbs this time...

Diced onions

Chopped crimini mushrooms ( I like the woody flavor, but you can use buttons as well)

Chopped fresh spinach

fresh basil, thyme, parsley, sage

garlic cloves

sometimes I add carrots also...

I saute all of the veggies and let them cool... then, I add them to the turkey with an egg and some breadcrumbs. There are times I will make a couple of hard boiled eggs and have them in the middle,and I also sometimes add parmesan cheese into the mix. Form into a loaf and bake it off... I usually top mine with sliced tomatoes rather than ketchup or a sauce..it is fine with a sauce as well, I just choose to make it healthier by using fresh tomatoes instead...

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phillipians 4:13

Mel30248
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:34 AM

OMG you just reminded me I have chicken defrosting in the microwave I need to toss it into the crockpot gah! I'm going to try to make the chicken so its all pully like pulled pork texture & then I was thinking quasidillas or something with it yum. I like my chicken this way for certain meals but havent made it like this before. I assume just in the crockpot for a long while right?

La-Belle-Vie
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:35 AM
I love dill but never thought
To add it in beef stroganoff!
I make a shrimp and feta bale with dill in it and it's so good.

Quoting SunnyJoJo:

Beef Stroganoff. I use dill in mine and it makes it fabulous! Some of the honey glazed carrots I made and froze yesterday, and turtle brownies for dessert.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StarryRain
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:38 AM
Chicken is about to go in our crock, with some corn, and cream, and herbs. Being pregnant, though, all I can think about is how badly I want an am about to make chili covered baked potato.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SunnyJoJo
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:38 AM

I thought it sounded weird and disgusting to use in it but I did it anyway because my great grandma swears by it. Well it was awesome! Now if I make it without dill everyone asks what's missing. lol! Just a few pinches of it really add a nice flavor, you should totally try it the next time you make it!

Quoting La-Belle-Vie:

I love dill but never thought
To add it in beef stroganoff!
I make a shrimp and feta bale with dill in it and it's so good.

Quoting SunnyJoJo:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)