Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Seriousley need a course on managing money(Update in RED)

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:25 AM
  • 13 Replies

I dont know why Im so stupid!

I ran out of milk this morning and have been out of a couple other things too, so I decided to run to town to go to Kroger. But since I suck at balancing the check book, I decided to stop at the atm to make sure I had money in the bank to cover the groceries........the balance was $308.00 so I thought, Cool, thats plenty.

So I bought around $85 at Kroger, put the groceries in the car, got in and started home........then it hit me. Tomorrow is the first of the month...my house payment gets automatically taken out on the first.....its $300.....and now I dont have it in there!!

How can I be so stupid?? Where was  my head? My fiance is out of town on work assignment, didnt leave me his debut card to his account...If he would have left it here w me this week Id be fine....I immediately call family members hoping to get a loan until my renters pay their rent....no luck , and I discover that my renter (who btew is my cousin and his wife and DSS), have been telling people they arent gonna have their rent this month........UGH!! I want to scream!!!

So even if I could get the hundred dollars in the bank today by some Miracle of God,  how am I gonna live for the next 15 days intil Payday with zero in the bank>>??

I need some serious advice today lady's...how do you make a budget............ and stick to it to boot??

Update!!

I just got a call from one our friends...He says he can loan me the money to cover what I dont have of the house payment! Phew!! Im so relieved...the only problem is he cant get it to me until around 6:30 tonight, so I guess I'll run to the bank as soon as I drop the kids off at school tomorrow to put it in....Thank God for true friends!! Now its time to get on that money managing thing I need to work on!!

Tara Lynn, Mom to....... 

Jage  (15)                   Zach  (13)               Lea (12)                   Kait (17)

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
danie24
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:29 AM

Um.. starve?

Cinderella423
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:31 AM

I'm horrible at budgeting too... crossing my fingers for you eveyrthing works out!

taralynn74
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:33 AM

Quoting danie24:

Um.. starve?

wow...umm, I wouldnt mind going without food, but I wont EVER let my children STARVE

taralynn74
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:34 AM

Quoting Cinderella423:

I'm horrible at budgeting too... crossing my fingers for you eveyrthing works out!

amber_1024
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:35 AM

BUMP!

SunnyJoJo
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:50 AM

Write everything down. Sometimes seeing it all on paper helps. have a calendar for your bills and their due dates. Make lists for the store, and stick to them, (even if it's a small run to get milk and eggs) it'll cut down on the impulse buying.  Really set time aside to balance your check book, or if  you can check your bank account online do that, you can see all your purchases, then check your bill calendar.
I mean none of this helps the situation your in right now but for the future it will help. You really need to commit to it and stay conscious about what your spending.

Also, check out your local community center, sometimes they really do offer classes on money management for a small or no fee.

This is my family, It's little and broken, but still good... Yeah... Still good.

taralynn74
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:00 AM

Quoting SunnyJoJo:

Write everything down. Sometimes seeing it all on paper helps. have a calendar for your bills and their due dates. Make lists for the store, and stick to them, (even if it's a small run to get milk and eggs) it'll cut down on the impulse buying.  Really set time aside to balance your check book, or if  you can check your bank account online do that, you can see all your purchases, then check your bill calendar.
I mean none of this helps the situation your in right now but for the future it will help. You really need to commit to it and stay conscious about what your spending.

Also, check out your local community center, sometimes they really do offer classes on money management for a small or no fee.

SunnyJoJo
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:11 AM

no problem. I've been there, I know how hard it can be to get control of money issues.
Your not stupid. It happens to alot of people.

Quoting taralynn74:

Quoting SunnyJoJo:

This is my family, It's little and broken, but still good... Yeah... Still good.

CoeyG
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:29 PM

You are aware that the extra money proably won't post to your account until afternoon of the 1st which will be after your mortgage payment is scheduled to come out of your account on the 1st.  Anything you deposit today after 2:00pm probably won't post until after 2 pm on the first.  however your mortgage payment will be deducted from the account before 2:00pm on the 1st.  At least that is the way most banks do it. 

TyaMT
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 8:48 PM

A lot fo people are going through the same thing...dont be so hard on yourself. Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)