Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So many Christian Posts up Again....

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:05 PM
  • 37 Replies

Time for a little taste from the other side???

YOU DON'T NEED GOD TO BE GOOD.   ...In fact.  Giving all that up lets you start to really enjoy the only life we know we will ever have.

Be thankful that you have a life, and forsake your vain and presumptuous desire for a second one.                 

-Richard Dawkins

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
godsgirl26
by ♥ char ♥ on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:12 PM

Oh lawd...

ColtsFan1912
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:14 PM

eh i am a Christian & still won't click on those posts lol. i try to avoid "religon" posts on here :)

sharebearII
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:15 PM

Quoting godsgirl26:

Oh lawd...

lol!

The more the fruits of knowledge become accessible to men, the more widespread is the decline of religious belief.

-Sigmund Freud

sharebearII
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:20 PM

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

eh i am a Christian & still won't click on those posts lol. i try to avoid "religon" posts on here :)

Hey ColtsFan!   Long time no see.   :)

I try hard not to go into the Christian posts too.  I thought we had all agreed to disagree, give up the Religious War on CM, and MOVE ON!!!

Some of the posters here make it VERY hard for me to like them. 

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. - Steven Weinberg

erimar2
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:23 PM

I have alsways enjoyed my life! Knowing and believing in God has nothing to do with that!

sharebearII
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:27 PM

Quoting erimar2:

I have alsways enjoyed my life! Knowing and believing in God has nothing to do with that!

Yay!   Keep it up Erimar!   :))))

Greenstone920
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:33 PM

A good read that would be on neutral territory is "Good Without God:  What a Billion Nonreligious People Believe" by Greg Epstein.   Unlike Dawkins and Hitchens,  who tend to come across rather forceful, Epstein is more respectful towards religions, while laying down the basis for Humanism, which is essentially goodness without god.

sharebearII
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:04 PM

Quoting Greenstone920:

A good read that would be on neutral territory is "Good Without God:  What a Billion Nonreligious People Believe" by Greg Epstein.   Unlike Dawkins and Hitchens,  who tend to come across rather forceful, Epstein is more respectful towards religions, while laying down the basis for Humanism, which is essentially goodness without god.

Thank you, Greenstone.  

I haven't read any Epstein, yet.    Sounds like just my cup of tea.   :)

It will yet be the proud boast of women that they never contributed a line to the Bible.

- George W. Foote

CoeyG
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:48 PM

The posts don't bother me, it is the simple fact that a few "Christians" don't practice what they preach and give the real Christians a bad name.

Redteux
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:08 PM

But it's sooo much fun!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)