Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"Don't tase me, bro!"

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:46 PM
  • 25 Replies

A local man was "tased" by the police early this morning in our area and died soon after.

It is being reported that drugs may be involved, but no one really knows why he stopped breathing.

Do you think police ought to be able to use tasers?  Under what circumstances?

readingI have four kids.  I've been married 23 years. My favorite color is purple. I hate coffee. I read a lot. I love to go to movies alone. Hot weather makes me crabby. 

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:50 PM

i have both....a tazer and a pr24......i can do consistantly more damage with my stick than with a tazer. i say yes....they all ought to carry one. its faster stopping power with much lower incidence of lasting damage 

Brianne036
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:54 PM
I have a hot pink taser. If someone has done something for me to feel the need to taise them then I doubt I'll be overly concerned with a slight chance of death
I think the same goes for police. They taise suspects as defense for themselves. If you take the tasers what are your other options?
;) we could just have them shooting the suspect in the knee cap. Lol THATD subdue them
I do think it needs to be a last resort
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Susie on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:01 PM

Yep, people act like idiots, run and fight police, and they get tazed. Obey the law and you have no problems and you won't need to be tazed.  Wouldn't need jails either if everyone would obey laws. 

NearSeattleMom
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:14 PM

Quoting atlmom2:

Yep, people act like idiots, run and fight police, and they get tazed. Obey the law and you have no problems and you won't need to be tazed.  Wouldn't need jails either if everyone would obey laws. 

Well, that's true.

This guy was out of control--broke a couple windows at the apartment--then resisted arrest.

People are so dumb.

readingI have four kids.  I've been married 23 years. My favorite color is purple. I hate coffee. I read a lot. I love to go to movies alone. Hot weather makes me crabby. 

danie24
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:00 PM

Only under the circumstances when they would use a gun on someone.

dustinsmommy74
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:54 PM

BUMP!

elly25
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:57 PM

Yes, they should use one. If someone is being combative or out of control.

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:01 PM

with an out of control, or resistant person, tazing is safest for both parties......then baton, then gun. a baton is far more dangerous than a tazer.  

Angelgirl25
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:02 PM

yes in the right circumstances. my DH got tased and pepper sprayed by accident by police a few years back because he happened to come out the door of our friend's bar at the wrong time. the cops had a drunk guy that they were trying to subdue and he was fighting back and broke a cops nose. 3 of the other cops had tasers and 2 had pepper spray (it was initially a large group fight that broke out and this was the last guy still fighting). DH got sprayed in the face and when he went down he got hit with a taser when the guy they were aiming for ducked at teh last second. 3 bouncers pulled him back into the bar and washed out his eyes and made sure he was okay.

Hottmomma607
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:02 PM

I think it was a year ago where a naked man in NY was on a 2nd floor building outside on a ledge and a cop tased him,he fell to his death!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)