Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Redteux?

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:02 PM
  • 5 Replies

Did you nurse your twins? and if so, how was it? Its coming down to crunch time and I am getting a little nervous. The thought of nursing twins is a little scary. lol

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
sharebearII
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:24 PM

I would think that nursing twins would be nicer than just a single...  Your boobs will at least be even.   lol

Good Luck Sinead!   It's getting so close....    :))))

tericared
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:26 PM

What a great question,,,,any other Moms out there with twins?

Redteux
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:33 PM

I tried.  I really really tried.

But we had too many medical issues, and I gave it up about 2 weeks after my daughter came home.

BUT . . . if you're having healthy full-term twins, it shouldn't be that difficult.

What seemed to work best was a bilateral football hold, with my arms supported by pillows or boppies.  Heads together midline, bodies and feet sticking out on either side.  If you can get them to latch on independently, great - otherwise, you'll have to latch one on and then switch over to the other, which could make the first to break the seal.

daiseymae2
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:04 PM

I only had 1, but here's a bump for you and good luck!

AmaliaD
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:07 PM

if they are full term and nurse easily i have been told it is done with a "double football hold"  both my kids (not twins) greatly favored my right boob and hense it is now Bigger!   so maybe you will avoid that issue!  best of luck - try your best - but remember =  lots of kids grow up smart and healthy on formula only... my ob is so greatly offended that ppl believe breastmilk actually makes them smarter.. she was completely formula because she was adopted.   she seems to take it too personally but it is good to know!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)