Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

can you spot the GAY soldier?

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2010 at 1:14 PM
  • 26 Replies

so................................what are your thoughts on repealing the dont ask dont tell policy? (yes i took this from a journal bc the op of the journal said she had no problem with it and she wanted it spread around)

by on Sep. 23, 2010 at 1:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tiggerpncespooh
by on Sep. 23, 2010 at 1:17 PM

There are bigger issues going on. They need to quit worrying about a person and his/hersexual preference.

Momof2Stepof3
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2010 at 1:20 PM

Being a retired Navy Wife. It is sad to see so many men and women wanting to fight for our country but they aren't allowed because they are openly gay. Why should a man or women that is gay not be able to defend our country?

CoeyG
by on Sep. 23, 2010 at 1:26 PM

I thought it should never have been implemented to begin with...My Uncle served in the Army from WWII through the beginning of Viet Nam, he retired a full Colonel.  He used to talk about some of the men in his outfits and it was common knowledge who was or wasn't gay.  It didn't matter, only thing that matters in the line of battle is that the person next to you has your back and you have his.   Sexual preference doesn't come up much when engaged in battle.

daiseymae2
by on Sep. 23, 2010 at 1:42 PM

That photo made me tear up. It's a stupid policy. I agree with the others.

Kaelansmom
by on Sep. 23, 2010 at 2:00 PM

Quoting daiseymae2:

That photo made me tear up. It's a stupid policy. I agree with the others.

vboatner
by on Sep. 23, 2010 at 2:06 PM

I dont see why it matters if someone is gay or not. If is discrimination, and needs to be thrown out. If you cannot be openly gay & be in the army, then they need to make it that way for every other job in the US. It makes no sense to do either.

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Sep. 23, 2010 at 4:34 PM

why would anyone discuss their sexuality, regardless of what they are? 

Momof2Stepof3
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2010 at 5:31 PM

Well some don't but like my nieces girlfriend just looking at her you know she is gay. She tries too hard to look like a guy. My dear guy friend tries to hard to look girly.

Quoting EireLass:

why would anyone discuss their sexuality, regardless of what they are? 

Connie04
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2010 at 10:36 PM

Those soldiers belong to a family somewhere.  It breaks my heart to see all those boxes.

bellasmom32808
by on Sep. 23, 2010 at 10:38 PM

Exactly. The military is so backwards when it comes to civil rights.

Quoting Momof2Stepof3:

Being a retired Navy Wife. It is sad to see so many men and women wanting to fight for our country but they aren't allowed because they are openly gay. Why should a man or women that is gay not be able to defend our country?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN