Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:45 AM
  • 10 Replies

Do you have a sysytem/schedule? I have always had someone clean my house twice a week, she is taking a break I have not hired a replacement so fo now I have to do he cleaning I feel like I'm drowning. I try to do a bit daily but I don't seem to get anywhere with it.

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
daiseymae2
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:48 AM
My house is 3 stories with a basement. I try to clean 1 floor a day and do minor cleaning and straightening daily.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nemiller
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:56 AM

i used to, but not so much anymore.  i would rotate rooms to "deep clean" everyday and then have daily stuff that i'd do as-needed.  i still clean regularly, i just don't have a particular schedule or system since we moved.

mamapaparazzi
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:43 AM

One room per day, deep cleaning, and daily spiffing up (a few times a day, really), and get the kids to help if they're old enough!

my4boys2002
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:03 AM

I was thinking of doing maybe 2 rooms per day for a deep cleaning     we have 9 rooms foyer and stairs,  I'm just not sure if thats a good schedule

mamafor6
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:07 AM

I pick up every day and do deep cleaning on tuesdays and fridays

mamafor6
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:09 AM

We have 5 main rooms and 5 bedrooms plus the bathroom. If you feel more comfortable doing two a day do it that way

Quoting my4boys2002:

I was thinking of doing maybe 2 rooms per day for a deep cleaning     we have 9 rooms foyer and stairs,  I'm just not sure if thats a good schedule

allurasmamma
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:03 AM

I am a cleaning freak. I love to clean.

my4boys2002
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:29 PM
I got kitchen done today that was it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tara_firma8
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:43 PM

I usually have a different system for every house I do. It depends on what each persons needs and prioritys are for their family. I was slow when I first started out but over time I have picked up alot of speed because I am always cleaning.ironing

nemiller
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:11 PM

deep cleaning is cleaning EVERYTHING in each room for me (even cleaning out cabinets and bookshelves), so once every 9 days is still pretty often, if you do one room per day plus daily stuff as it comes up (dishes, laundry, vacuuming, etc).  but if you feel more comfortable with deep cleaning 2 rooms a day, that would work, too.  that just sounds like a lot of cleaning per day to me.

Quoting my4boys2002:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)