Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you...?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:32 AM
  • 18 Replies

Poll

Question: When playing with your kid(s) what do you usually do?

Options:

I let my kid(s) direct the playtime

Read books

Puzzles, coloring, board games

Outisde activities-sports, biking, etc

None of the above

All of the above

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 26

View Results

Play with your kids?  My  kids are 5 & 8 and I wouldn't say I play with my kids. I read to them everyday and sometimes will do a puzzle or board game with them.  We go for walks, etc.  I will sit down & color with dd.  DS hardly ever colors.

Dd's Barbie & house are in her room so I seldom play that.  Ds' legos are in his room, I don't play Nintendo with them(dh will play Mario Kart occasionally).  I push them on the swings at the park.  In th summer I swim in our pool with them.

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ninipanini
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:51 AM

BUMP!

Rowdys.Mommy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:54 AM
I can't vote...

My DS is one and when we have playtime we either go to the park or I get in the floor with him and let him direct playtime.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
czchtaclo13
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:54 AM

I play with my kids, but Its more like I take them to do stuff. DS always entertains himself. I make it a habit to teach him stuff more then play, then I take him to play dates.

nemiller
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:56 AM

a little bit of all those options.  sometimes i have specific activities planned, so i guide our playtime.  sometimes we read or do puzzles or color.  sometimes he picks the game.  but, i don't occupy all my son's time.  he still plays by himself or with friends.  i don't want to structure our days to the point that he doesn't have the motivation for imagination play.

ninipanini
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:58 AM

I'm wondering do you gals do this everyday?  The only thing I do everyday is read to them.

mamapaparazzi
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:11 AM

All of the above, really... I usually just join in with something they've already started unless it's a board or card game that I bring out.

daiseymae2
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:49 AM

BUMP!

allurasmamma
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:51 AM

I am really active with them. I play dolls and army men. And shooting games. I also play videos, color and do arts and crafts.

CoeyG
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:55 AM

When Shannon was young I did all fo the above.  She wasn't a Barbie doll person (thank goodness) but we played with her RC car, we built things with her Erector set and Legos.  We played "restaurant" in her Little Tykes kitchen.  We put together countless puzzles, colored in numerous coloring books, played Candy Land and Clue Jr. In the fall we'd "rake" the leaves which of course wound up with her and the dog jumping into the pile and in the winter we'd fill squeeze bottles and spray bottles with water and food coloring and "paint" the snow. 

IloveBilly
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:58 AM

I usually take them to the park and I get up there and slide with them and swing and all that fun stuff. At home we play ball, Simon says, and mother may I. My kids are 8, 7, and 2.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)