Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Peeps! For Halloween!!

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:14 AM
  • 15 Replies

Bethlehem candymaker Just Born has unveiled a new line of pumpkin-shaped marshmallow Peeps covered in chocolate and individually wrapped for Halloween sales.

The "Peeps Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Pumpkins" have orange marshmallow on the inside and are coated with milk or dark chocolate. The new item builds on the success of the chocolate-covered Peeps chicks introduced before Easter this year, and they will be available at most major retailers.

The dark chocolate Peeps chicks won a "Buyers' Choice New Products Award" at a Sweets & Snacks Expo in Chicago in May.

"Our research indicates that consumers love Peeps combined with chocolate," said Aubrecia Cooper, the company's assistant brand manager.

Just Born is a private company and does not release financial results.

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LancesMom
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:37 PM

I think I may be the only person in the world that hates peeps!

SunnyJoJo
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:50 PM

NAST!!!!!!!!!

This is my family, It's little and broken, but still good... Yeah... Still good.

mamapaparazzi
by Gold Member on Sep. 30, 2010 at 6:04 AM

But you KNOW you have to try it, lol..... it'll be the newest Halloween ritual, lol.

K.A.R.T.S
by on Sep. 30, 2010 at 6:21 AM

Peeps are gross. Why do the keep making them?

mrswillie
by Silver Member on Sep. 30, 2010 at 6:24 AM

I use to take the Easter ones, open them and let them get stale and hard before I would eat them.  I guess I  can;t do that to these since they are chocolate coated.

anetrnlov
by on Sep. 30, 2010 at 6:24 AM

Quoting LancesMom:

I think I may be the only person in the world that hates peeps!

No you're not...those things make me gag.

SunnyJoJo
by on Sep. 30, 2010 at 10:44 AM

lol! yeah I still won't try them. peeps are disgusting.  coat them in whatever you want, it's still a peep.
They are cute though.

Quoting mamapaparazzi:

But you KNOW you have to try it, lol..... it'll be the newest Halloween ritual, lol.

SunnyJoJo
by on Sep. 30, 2010 at 10:45 AM

omg a friend of mine swears by this! She says every easter her and her sister fight over the last stale peep....

Quoting mrswillie:

I use to take the Easter ones, open them and let them get stale and hard before I would eat them.  I guess I  can;t do that to these since they are chocolate coated.

NSeni
by on Sep. 30, 2010 at 10:47 AM

ooh i'm gonna have to try these.

silvercrow
by on Sep. 30, 2010 at 10:53 AM

i want to try them too and of course  i always send peeps to friends lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)