• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what do you think of this

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:37 AM
  • 5 Replies

http://news.yahoo.com/video/dallascbs11-15750646/homecoming-controversy-arises-at-mesquite-high-22126557

i personally think it is rediculous. they are not reveling and if there were girls wearing dresses that were shorter and the same ones i can't believe they let them in and no these girls. what do you guys think.

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
SuzyQ007
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:54 AM

Even though they had sent out a list of what was acceptable and what was not acceptable to wear, they were not consistent about it. They allowed other girls in the dance wearing similar kinds of dresses with one wearing the exact same dress. I think the girls and the parents have every right to be upset about it.

Stand up for what you believe in, even if it means standing alone...

Mel30248
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:01 AM

Although I thin the girls dresses were too short with strapless/armless tops I think the parents have a right to be upset. The school was not consistant with the rules allowing many girls in wearing shorter dresses while saying no to others. I wonder who it was who made the choice as to which dresses were approriate or not. Also did the school give the kids back their money for their tickets? I'd be pissed if my daughter was treated like this at her school.

t_lawson
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:25 AM

Yep, I would be mad.Dresses are a little revealing but so were the girls who were allowed in the dances.

silvercrow
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:25 AM

i dont see anything wrong with the dresses.. they were modest i have seen alot worse at school dances.. they were singled out and if i was their parents i would want to know why

CoeyG
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:42 AM

The consistency wasn't there but as a parent I wouldn't let my daughter wear something that short, at least if I were paying for it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)