Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/O of Teens at Mall Post.

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:12 AM
  • 16 Replies

What is there to do for teen entertainment in your town.Some small towns don't have movies, skating or basically any kind of entertainment for teens.So they have nothing to do on weekends except run the roads looking for someone to hang out with.Most teens are good kids but a teen is a teen is a teen.And without something constructive to do with their time are most  likely to get in trouble.

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lanceandhailey
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:21 AM

I live in the city, there is plenty to do....BUT I grew up in a town of not quite 400 people, nothing but the school, bank, bar, library and gas station. I know what you mean..

MomX3LJC
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:25 AM

There is nothing in this town..the movie theater only has two screens and only has one showing of each movie per day...at 7pm. We have a walmart that the teens love to walk around...and a bowling alley...but that is it...they have to go out of town for skating or a mall or anything else

SuprMom08
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:50 AM

What is Zazzle?

Sarlinda
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:53 AM

We live in a city so there is alot of stuff to do. Miniature golf, the mall, movie theatres, a skating rink. Etc.

IleanRight
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:56 AM

Teena are treated like crap! My little brother is 15 and loves to skateboard. But he gets hounded my the police. He is an honor student, christian and does nothing wrong. It is really crappy that when these Teens are trying to do something they enjoy and not doing anything wrong they still get hounded.

Rowdys.Mommy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:58 AM
In my town specifically there is not one thing to do but you go 15 mins to the next town there's movies, shopping, coffee houses, and hangouts. If that's not good enough drive 30 mins to fort worth or 1 hour to Dallas to do anything you want!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Brianne036
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:59 AM
Lol. I'm pretty sure 400 people only qualifies as a village or community...not a town;)

I'm just picking. I found that amusing bc it's similar where I am from

Quoting lanceandhailey:

I live in the city, there is plenty to do....BUT I grew up in a town of not quite 400 people, nothing but the school, bank, bar, library and gas station. I know what you mean..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cdwilber
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:59 AM

BUMP!

lanceandhailey
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:10 PM

Oh you think that's funny do ya? There was a town about 15 minutes from there with only 50 people! Nothing there but houses and an elevator.

Quoting Brianne036:

Lol. I'm pretty sure 400 people only qualifies as a village or community...not a town;)

I'm just picking. I found that amusing bc it's similar where I am from

Quoting lanceandhailey:

Kaelansmom
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:28 PM

The beach, downtown Honolulu, the valley... Miliani Towncenter.

The Ala Moana mall is closed to teens in the evening and during the day on school days (You have to pay to breath in this mall) but, they hang out there during the day on weekends (which is why DH hates to go)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)