Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's the hardest thing you ever had to let go of?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:44 AM
  • 22 Replies

Why did you have to let go of it?

What did you replace it with?

Would you want it back?

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
poshkat
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:47 AM

it was my cat pepsi. he was the best cat EVER. never scratched, always pleasent, we used to have fridge nights, where we would sit by the fridge and let them hot air warm us and i would pet him and he would snuggle with me. sometimes i would tease him with a cat toy. he used to sleep with me and purr forever. once i had to rescue him when he got stuck in the shed after a huge snow storm. he snuggled in my coat and purred until we got home and had a fridge afternoon. when i left home it broke my heart to leave him. the day he died was horrible. my didnt even tell me until after they put him down and when i called the vet to see about his ashes they called my mom and she let me have it saying "we are jewish we dont keep ashes" and other horrible stuff. i miss him everyday, no cat will ever compare to him.

TXColter
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:48 AM

don't know if this is what you mean, but it was the hardest thing I ever did.

I had to have my dog euthanized.

Why did you have to let go of it?the treatment that we were giving him to fix his pain was destroying his liver :(

What did you replace it with?I didn't replace him, it's been almost 5 yrs and I still can't bring myself to get another dog

Would you want it back?YES! I have this strange feeling that he will be back in my life, like reincarnated or something, and I don't really believe in all that, but I have this feeling that I will have him back!

LeAnaR
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:51 AM

Mine was letting go of meat and dairy out of my diet. It was so hard but I did it for personal and health reasons. I had to let go of a 26 year love for it so it was not easy. I feel better than I have in years and I have lost weight too. No I will not be getting it nor will I want it back. I feel amazing!

Sarlinda
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:51 AM

My shi-poo Stitch.

Why did you have to let go of it?  He started getting mean with everyone. Growling and wanting to bite. It started right after my dad started taking him to a new beautician.

What did you replace it with? He can not be replaced. He was the best dog ever

Would you want it back? Yes. He was such a good little lap dog before whatever happened to him to make him mean.

1TimeMomma28
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:55 AM

This March, we lost our son Michael to SIDS. He was 5 months old. Letting go of him was the hardest thing I think I'll ever face in this world.

Why did you have to let go of it?I wouldn't have, if I'd have had a choise!

What did you replace it with?Can't replace a child, but I tried many things to fill the grief pit of sorrow. Only thing that filled it, was Christ.

Would you want it back?In the blink of an eye, I'd want my son back

MamaFLgurl
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:57 AM

Old friends. No I don't want them back, I'm replacing them with better friends that fit into my life better 

Kaelansmom
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:16 PM

My old dog Squeaker. When DH found out he was being stationed in Hawaii, I went to look on how to get her there.. turns out, that I had to get her this test 5 months before we left or, she would be stuck in Quarentine for 6 -8 months.... at 25.00 a day. She is pushing 13 years old now.. so, Rob found her a new home

One of the few things I hate about Hawaii.. part of of the United States, but, if you want to bring a dog from another state to here, you may as well be going to Japan.

sharebearII
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:05 PM

Crack cocaine.

Replaced it with a bad DVD habit.

No, don't want it back...  Well...   sometimes.   lol!  NO!

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:00 PM

my marriage.....i let go of it because we got divorced....he cheated.....he has been very easy to replace. i got a better fueled, younger model....haha.....i would never want him back...he disgusts me. 

Mommy4000
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:01 PM

My youth

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)