Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Near Death?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:24 PM
  • 16 Replies

This is to all the believers and non-believers of the after life or God.

I have a friend who is a severe alcoholic. He lost his job and has been on unemployment. Well his unemployment checks were not enough to support his drinking habit so he had to quit cold turkey. But as many of you know, who have had friends or family with a serious addiction, you can't just stop like that. Your body will go into shock and sometimes you might even die...

Well that is exactly what happened to my friend. He legally died for 6 minutes. He went into a seizure and his mom called 911 and they arrived and brought him back to life.

Now, he is what most would call non-beliver. He changed his mind real quick after his experience. He told me this : " When I died I saw a light and felt extremely loved. I saw my body lying on the floor but did not want to return to it. I felt a calming peace.....then I woke up and I felt angry at first. I wanted to stay in this wonderful place, whatever it was. "

So hearing this what do you think? Has anyone had or personally known anyone who has had a similar situation?

* I need to go pick up my kids soon but I will come back soon and comment.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:29 PM

My best friends Dad had a heart attack and he coded 3 times.  He never saw a light or anything when he was out and clinically dead. 

sharebearII
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:30 PM

I hear 'ya.   ...and I've known a few ppl who've had near-death experiences like that.

Still don't believe in God.   I think our minds have a way of protecting us from a big freak out...   Like going into shock.

Ricanmami1
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:31 PM

i wouldnt know what to do that is sad

CoeyG
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:47 PM

Nope never have had such an expierence, I don't know what to think.  I'm not your friend, I'm sure he believes what he wants to believe and I am not going to say whether he is right or wrong based soley on his expierence.

SweetTea98
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:48 PM
Both dh and myself have been "clinically" dead (separate instances)..neither of us saw or felt anything.
tomary
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:25 PM

Quoting SweetTea98:

Both dh and myself have been "clinically" dead (separate instances)..neither of us saw or felt anything.

Just wondering, do you believe or not in an after-life and did this experience change your belief.?

CafeMom Tickers
SweetTea98
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:47 PM
I'm a Born Again Christian...my afterlife is in heaven.

Quoting tomary:

tomary
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:49 PM

Quoting SweetTea98:

I'm a Born Again Christian...my afterlife is in heaven.

Quoting tomary:

So, were you disapointed to not see or feel anything? I am a christian and I know I would still believe but would be a little disapointed.

CafeMom Tickers
SweetTea98
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:17 PM
I was very young. So, no, it didn't change anything or disappoint me. My dh was an adult, already a Christian. Not seeing anything didn't disappoint him or change him...knowing that God worked a miracle for him..and a series of miracles on that day( and the next) has made his faith even stronger.

Quoting tomary:

tinybubblez
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:39 PM

surprised

i was, and always will be, a believer. thanks for sharing !

i hope your friend gets a great new job and continues with his sobriety. :) God bless~

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)