Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do black or brown shoes look better with a navy & light blue pinstripe pant suit?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:30 PM
  • 21 Replies

Poll

Question: What shoes go better with a navy pant suit?

Options:

Black heels

Brown heels

Black ankle booties

Brown ankle booties

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 26

View Results

Okay, I having a dilema. I am attending a wedding wearing a pant suit just like this except with light blue pinstripes. I was thinking heels, ankle booties, or high heeled oxfords. Would black or brown look better? Please vote! If you have any other ideas, feel free to add them.

Either black or brown shoes similar to this

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Glamourina
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:30 PM

Black ankle booties.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

NearSeattleMom
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:35 PM

I'd do brown with navy blue.

SunnyJoJo
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:45 PM

Black, either heel or ankle bootie.

This is my family, It's little and broken, but still good... Yeah... Still good.

atlmom2
by Susie on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:51 PM

Black

Della529
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:57 PM

IMO, that shoe doesn't work with that suit, color or style.  The suit is elegant whereas the shoe is business-like.  I'd wear a black patent leather heel (pump/slingback).

Della529
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:59 PM

Mrs.B3
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:26 PM

I'm still looking! LOL! I may do that. I don't want to wear shoes that don't go.

Quoting Della529:

IMO, that shoe doesn't work with that suit, color or style.  The suit is elegant whereas the shoe is business-like.  I'd wear a black patent leather heel (pump/slingback).

Glamourina
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:57 PM

Honestly, I didn't even read the part about the shoe-similar looking to this-thing.

The shoes, if you're going to use anywhere in that style, does not match. However, I think business wear as closed toe heels or ankle booties. I would make them as basic as possible, as the outfit is pretty basic. The patterned bootie you showed does not match at all.

I also prefer black with navy blue, not brown. Brown seems more casual to me and would through the suit off IMO. GL!

Quoting Mrs.B3:

I'm still looking! LOL! I may do that. I don't want to wear shoes that don't go.

Quoting Della529:

Glamourina
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:02 PM

If you're going to buy shoes that have metal in them, like clasps, make sure it matches the buttons on the suit or it'll look off. GL!

texasgypsy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:23 PM
You can always add a black or brown wide belt to this outfit and matching boots or shoes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)