Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are the rules you set in your household?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:33 PM
  • 21 Replies

Could you share some?

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Pls. Join Yoplaits "Save Lids to Save Lives" http://www.cafemom.com/group/106448. Yoplait will donate .10cents per lid and  upto $1.6M for this cause.

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momof3jam
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:36 PM
I guess I don't have many. Kids have to be home right after school, snack, homework, then and only then can he go out. No hitting, no swearing, no "shut up" or "I hate you"...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IleanRight
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:37 PM

You get it out you put it up, no throwing balls, love each other, food and drinks in the kitchen and dining area only, no shoes in the house

tatar
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:39 PM

lol here in our house, no bad words are allowed like the  "stupid".

Quoting momof3jam:

I guess I don't have many. Kids have to be home right after school, snack, homework, then and only then can he go out. No hitting, no swearing, no "shut up" or "I hate you"...

tatar
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:39 PM

this too!:)

Quoting IleanRight:

You get it out you put it up, no throwing balls, love each other, food and drinks in the kitchen and dining area only, no shoes in the house

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Pls. Join Yoplaits "Save Lids to Save Lives" http://www.cafemom.com/group/106448. Yoplait will donate .10cents per lid and  upto $1.6M for this cause.

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:42 PM

no smoking allowed.......no douchebags allowed. beyond that, all other rules are bendable 

tatar
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:45 PM

Good rules! No smoking rule applys to my home as well!:)

Quoting EireLass:

no smoking allowed.......no douchebags allowed. beyond that, all other rules are bendable 

CoeyG
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:50 PM

When Shannon was younger the first and foremost rule was "I don't argue, I don't negotiate".  I still don't.  If I say "No" that's what I mean and I don't hang around to get an argument.  I don't want drugs in my home.  Since my daughter is past 21 she is allowed to drink but not on a continuous basis, I enjoy a glass of wine now and then so we always have wine in the fridge.  We also have some Bailey's, Peppermint Schnapps and Kulua along with Shannon's Corona

Elyce225
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:00 PM

No smoking, but that is for guest because we don't smoke.

No going in the master bedroom's bathroom. It is the only room in our house that is not baby proof. I have a bunch of medicine (locked up) in there that would kill any of my kids.

Little rules for the babies "keep your hands to yourself", "no throwing balls in the house", "no climbing on the counters". Other then that we really have no rules.

silvercrow
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:07 PM

I dont allow the kids to say shut up but i slip up when they really piss me off... they can cuss but only to the music they are singing along with.. NO touching mommy's lap top or net book without asking.. for my oldest dont touch any file on my desk top mark pictures or Mommies cause if you open it you will not like what you see... mostly i am flexable about certain things and harder on others...

mommyflyes
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:11 PM

no inside toys are allowed outside and vise versa.  no food in bedrooms.  we eat meals together at the table with the t.v. off.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)