Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are your plans for Christmas?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:37 PM
  • 13 Replies

Are you buying a new tree? Are you going to organize a get together party? Take a vacation? Visit a family? etc etc

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anetrnlov
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:51 PM

Haven't quite decided...too busy with Halloween.

mama_girl07
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:53 PM

We bought a fake tree last yr so we will use that. We are going to be staying home this yr. We are going on a cruise the week after thanksgiving and we will be going down to Vegas for 2 weeks in January so Im going to enjoy my time at home even with the snow :)

atlmom2
by Susie on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:53 PM

We go to my in laws.  We never put up a tree here.  I hate to come home after Christmas and have to put away decorations. 

lilblufrog
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:55 PM

We have a fake tree. We tried a real one but my cat kept trying to climb it and after redecorating it 3 times we decided to go with fake.

Christmas morning we are going to open gifts at our house for the first time (usually go to parent's). Then we are going to my parent's to exchange gifts with them and a few more family members. Then we are going to my uncle's. He cooks a HUGE breakfast. After that we will probably go home for a nap and set up all of DD's gifts that evening.

tatar
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:12 PM

We're going to Vegas too this October!!! I'm very excited!:)

Quoting mama_girl07:

We bought a fake tree last yr so we will use that. We are going to be staying home this yr. We are going on a cruise the week after thanksgiving and we will be going down to Vegas for 2 weeks in January so Im going to enjoy my time at home even with the snow :)

Kaelansmom
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:12 PM

Have to buy a new tree... my old one got wrecked in the move... we are probably going to go to the beach on Yule and then sit home for Christmas and wait for family to call.

May also have some of DH's soldiers over... I know a few are here on their first assignment.

tatar
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:13 PM

I'm embarrassed to say that at one point, I never took a tree down for one year lol But I don't do that anymore. Since I have ds now and we need the floor space, I don't let the tree stay up that long anymore lol

Quoting atlmom2:

We go to my in laws.  We never put up a tree here.  I hate to come home after Christmas and have to put away decorations. 

tatar
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:15 PM

Quoting lilblufrog:

We have a fake tree. We tried a real one but my cat kept trying to climb it and after redecorating it 3 times we decided to go with fake. lol!!! hehe

Christmas morning we are going to open gifts at our house for the first time awww! (usually go to parent's). Then we are going to my parent's to exchange gifts with them and a few more family members. Then we are going to my uncle's. He cooks a HUGE breakfast. wow!! After that we will probably go home for a nap and set up all of DD's gifts that evening.

tatar
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:16 PM

Quoting Kaelansmom:

Have to buy a new tree... my old one got wrecked in the move... we are probably going to go to the beach on Yule (wouldn't it be too cold?)and then sit home for Christmas and wait for family to call.

May also have some of DH's soldiers over... I know a few are here on their first assignment.

Kaelansmom
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:18 PM

Quoting tatar:

Quoting Kaelansmom:

Have to buy a new tree... my old one got wrecked in the move... we are probably going to go to the beach on Yule (wouldn't it be too cold?)and then sit home for Christmas and wait for family to call.

Nope.. I am in Hawaii... I was in shorts and a tank top for Thanksgiving.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)