Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Okay, let me get this straight...

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:23 AM
  • 24 Replies

I work, I do my job, I get paid on payday. They just lowered our yearly raise (which I haven't and I'm not gonna complain about, because hey, at least I have a job with SOME sorta raise, right?).. health insurance cost is going up.. so that eats up the raise.. fine. No biggie. So, why is it every year we are expected to give money as gifts to other workers... They already get paid to do their job. We do NOT get bonuses (not complaining there either, as I am thankful that I DO have a job). We don't get anything extra to do our job, I'm positive they all make more than me... as they have been here longer than me... so why again and I giving them a bonus that I don't get?

They want us to give money contributions to:

• The mail person, who hasn't been here even a year yet. I wouldn't mind donating to the old person, but he passed away. :-(
  • The student aids--this year there is only three. usually there is more.
  • The cleaning guy

IDK.. I just feel like.. wth... first off.. I don't even know this female mail carrier that they want me to contribute to. Last time I checked, our mail person was a guy... so ummm... yeah..

It just annoys me.. every year.... maybe it shouldn't.. but it does.

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LiesLiesLies
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:24 AM

Forced gifts would annoy me as well.

LyTe684
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:27 AM

That's exactly what it is. We also contribute to give my boss something every year. That doesn't bother me at all. I think he deserves it...

Quoting LiesLiesLies:

Forced gifts would annoy me as well.

atlmom2
by Susie on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:28 AM

You make a good point!!!

LyTe684
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:29 AM

shake hand

Quoting atlmom2:

You make a good point!!!

tericared
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:43 AM

I think the gifts { money } should be up to the company, not the employees..

LyTe684
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:45 AM

I agree. it would be nice.. but only the big shots get that advantage. Like... they get new cars whenever they want... paid for by the company.. luncheons, etc. We get nothing but complaints.. lol Oh and e mails requesting contributions. I'm just waiting. By next week, the Secret Santa e mail should be coming.

Quoting tericared:

I think the gifts { money } should be up to the company, not the employees..

yourpassion
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:49 AM

yeah, i never gave any. i would for my boss, because like you said about yours, he definatly deserved it!  remember, i was an hr manager...so you know the vp deserved it! hahaha....

but all the other stuff, unless it was a benefit for someone who's house burned down or someone's child need surgery...something like that, i wouldn't give.  it gets to be too much and everyone's stretched thin as it is.

LyTe684
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:50 AM

Yes. I give to other things.. like we had a babyshower for a co worker last week. I did pitch in for that. Things like that I don't mind...

Thank you.

Quoting yourpassion:

yeah, i never gave any. i would for my boss, because like you said about yours, he definatly deserved it!  remember, i was an hr manager...so you know the vp deserved it! hahaha....

but all the other stuff, unless it was a benefit for someone who's house burned down or someone's child need surgery...something like that, i wouldn't give.  it gets to be too much and everyone's stretched thin as it is.

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:01 AM

I wouldn't. 

LyTe684
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:03 AM

Thanks. I was starting to think it was just me.

Quoting EireLass:

I wouldn't. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)