Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Looks like the Holiday Martyrs are out in full force!

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:11 PM
  • 12 Replies

*Not trying to start world war 3*

I've read a few posts about people question "Why do you get you kids so much for Christmas." They always seem to take a holier the thou stance on this. AND It drives me NUTS!!!!! What I would like to say is, Congratulations! For only buying your kids 2 gifts for Christmas. I'm sure your child will turn in to a wonderful productive human being. Probly better then all the other kids on earth!  All b/c of you!

Guess what? NO BODY FREAKING CARES!!!

1 gift or a million it doesn't matter. What matters are the other 364 days of the year. Are they healthy? Are they being tought to respect others? Are you setting a good example for them? And so on...

Ok. That's it from me. Jumping off my soap box now.

P.s. I buy whatever I want for my kids. I don't really care about the number.

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hippiemamaof2
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:13 PM

We have a budget, so we can't normally get more than a couple small gifts. This year I won some giveaways online, a 50 dollar gift certificate to this toy company, and did swagbucks and got 100 dollars for amazon.com that way so they will have a pretty decetn Christmas. Nothing overly expensive, nothing huge, but things they will LOVE and enjoy! Becka has a little less than Taegen because her "big" gift were 40 dollar shoes! (Twinkle toes that light up).

ETA: It doesn't matter the quantity either, what matters is the quality of Christmas. If parents have the mean to spend 1000 dollars on their kid, so be it! It doesn't make Christmas any better than those who can't spend more than 20... it's all about how the parents present it.:)

Shanna- cloth diaping, home birthing, breastfeeding, tattooed mama to two beautiful girls.

lucky2Beeme
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:13 PM

some like to brag, some like to be jealous.I am with you.Do what is right for your family.If you ask and I answer and you dont lie the amiunt well thats your problem not mine.

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

tatar
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:14 PM

I think people should respect other peoples opinions. People live different lifestyles and moral values. I think it's great to hear other people's view on different issues. That makes the world interesting and we learn from each other which really matters.

nicolleraeanne
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:15 PM
What are swagbucks?

Quoting hippiemamaof2:

We have a budget, so we can't normally get more than a couple small gifts. This year I won some giveaways online, a 50 dollar gift certificate to this toy company, and did swagbucks and got 100 dollars for amazon.com that way so they will have a pretty decetn Christmas. Nothing overly expensive, nothing huge, but things they will LOVE and enjoy! Becka has a little less than Taegen because her "big" gift were 40 dollar shoes! (Twinkle toes that light up).

ETA: It doesn't matter the quantity either, what matters is the quality of Christmas. If parents have the mean to spend 1000 dollars on their kid, so be it! It doesn't make Christmas any better than those who can't spend more than 20... it's all about how the parents present it.:)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tatar
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:15 PM

I like your siggy:)

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

some like to brag, some like to be jealous.I am with you.Do what is right for your family.If you ask and I answer and you dont lie the amiunt well thats your problem not mine.

lucky2Beeme
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:17 PM

Quoting tatar:

I like your siggy:)

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Thank you.

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

hippiemamaof2
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:21 PM

it's a search engine, you get swag bucks for search. you save all those and can use them to snag gift cards, games, etc. It's a lot of fun. Message me if you want to know more, I think it's against the rules to advertise in the group LOL. I'd give you my referral link if you want to try it.

Quoting nicolleraeanne:

What are swagbucks?

Quoting hippiemamaof2:

Shanna- cloth diaping, home birthing, breastfeeding, tattooed mama to two beautiful girls.

Elyce225
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:56 PM

I agree with you. As long as it's not affecting me I do not care what other people do with or for their children.  My husband works and makes really good money, the way we spend it is up to us.  Should I ask cafemom how much I can spend on food when I go to the grocery store? Or should I consult with the board when their birthdays come around.

Most women on here have such a problem when other's do things differently than them. It's ok that everyone is not the same, I promise.

tommysmommy05
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:04 PM

I just started Swagbucking.

I have a friend who pays for her entire christmas with swag point.

~Jodi

inmybizz
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:18 PM

totally agree..

Quoting Elyce225:

I agree with you. As long as it's not affecting me I do not care what other people do with or for their children.  My husband works and makes really good money, the way we spend it is up to us.  Should I ask cafemom how much I can spend on food when I go to the grocery store? Or should I consult with the board when their birthdays come around.

Most women on here have such a problem when other's do things differently than them. It's ok that everyone is not the same, I promise.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)