Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ACK! Have to go in for a colonoscopy tomorrow and need to finish drinking the last of this drink

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:31 PM
  • 10 Replies

Please, ladies, could use some funnies!!!!  I desperately need to drink this last half of glass and it's so nasty I'm cringing!

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kstep
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:33 PM

My dh had one and when he woke up was in love with the anesthesiologist!!  he didn't remember a thing!!

ForeverInLove
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:37 PM

That a barium drink?

My son has to drink a lovely barium drink tomorrow... he's only 3.5. I dont' know how I'm going to stop him from eating in the morning... he raids the kitchen when I don't hear him wake up and he's a quiet little shit. They scheduled his xrays for 8:30am and he usually gets up about6:30....

kellysp6637
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:39 PM

Ha. that's too funny....I'm hoping I don't say anything stupid....I know you can get loopy with the drugs.

My friend from work is taking me......since my dh just got discharged yesterday from the hospital after they removed his kidney on Monday.....

This has just been one fun filled week.....NOT.

Quoting kstep:

My dh had one and when he woke up was in love with the anesthesiologist!!  he didn't remember a thing!!

kellysp6637
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:41 PM

It's Magnesium Citrate....it's clear and has a HORRIBLE after taste.....

But I finally managed to get the last drop down UGH!

I'm not sure...but isn't the barium drink a thick, chalky type drink?  I took something like that when I was a kid and remember I was gagging because of the taste and thick texture of it.....

I wish you and your son the best of luck and hope whatever he is taking it for has a good outcome.

Quoting ForeverInLove:

That a barium drink?

My son has to drink a lovely barium drink tomorrow... he's only 3.5. I dont' know how I'm going to stop him from eating in the morning... he raids the kitchen when I don't hear him wake up and he's a quiet little shit. They scheduled his xrays for 8:30am and he usually gets up about6:30....

kellysp6637
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 2:14 PM

Well, it's done and over with ladies......thank god!

sharebearII
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 2:21 PM

How was it?   omg!   I am NOT looking forward to my first colonoscopy.   ...were the drugs okay?   lol!

There's a commercial they're playing here about go for your colonoscopy, (God, that's fun to type!) and the lady says, "My colonoscopy came out clean, and I was tickled."    - I LMAO every time I see it.

Gifts for Good!                <---   click and join to give $1 to Make a Wish!

(turn in your kids' Santa letters at Macy's and give even more)

mamafor6
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2010 at 2:23 PM

Oh just wait till it "cleans " you out then You better hope you have a lap top b/c your butt is gonna be on the pot

atlmom2
by Susie on Dec. 10, 2010 at 2:45 PM

The prep is always worse than the procedure.

SunnyJoJo
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 3:07 PM

omg! That is hilarious!

Quoting sharebearII:

How was it?   omg!   I am NOT looking forward to my first colonoscopy.   ...were the drugs okay?   lol!

There's a commercial they're playing here about go for your colonoscopy, (God, that's fun to type!) and the lady says, "My colonoscopy came out clean, and I was tickled."    - I LMAO every time I see it.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

kellysp6637
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 4:08 PM

Ha....that's too funny...

Actually it was fine...the worst part was drinking that nasty magnesium citrate......thankfully, I was able to get it all down....total of 3 bottles.......

The procedure was absolutely fine...the nurses were fabulous and they let me keep on my big thick furry socks.....they gave me propafol (I'm sure I spelled that wrong).....(the same drug that Michael Jackson died from)....

When I woke up I felt soooooo rested just like I had taken a long long nap.......

I get the results from the biopsy on Tuesday or Wednesday....but they said everything looked good.

Now that I had it done.....I don't know why I kept postponing it....it really was a very simple procedure....(prep work aside)

Quoting sharebearII:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)