Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So this just happened to me on here (re: money)

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:31 PM
  • 291 Replies

There is a thread asking what your mortgage is. I told the truth, my mortgage is pretty high because of the kind of house I have and where I live. I was accused of being a "one upper" because so far my mortgage happens to be the most expensive. Of course I was singled out because most people on here knows that my husbands makes great money, big deal.

Has that every happened to you on here? Have you answered a question honestly and was called out on bragging or being a "one upper"?  If you are not looking for honest answers than don't answer the question, kwim? I think if I wanted to one up I would brag about what we have (which isn't a lot because we are very modest). 

So are people who are doing well for themselves supposed to not answer those kind of questions or are we supposed to lie? This goes hand in hand with the whole "Christmas martyr" thread. Am I supposed to not give my kids a lot of things that I can easily afford because others can't?

Lately (I guess it's because it's close to the Holidays) people have been bitching about those who are not struggling left and right. STFU!

(Steps off soap box)

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
poshkat
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:32 PM

welcome to CAFEMOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elyce225
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:33 PM

Quoting poshkat:

HAHA! That really made me LOL. thanks!

atlmom2
by Susie on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:33 PM

People are just jealous. Ignore them. 

PhotoMama88
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:34 PM

exactly =] lol

Quoting poshkat:

impatient1
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:34 PM

People are just jealous.  Good for you..if you can afford it, then great.

toopicky429
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:35 PM
I don't usually reply to those types of posts for that reason. Some people think anything over $500/month is one-uping, lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamacifuni
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:35 PM

lol...but its so true

Quoting poshkat:

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

I am a proud Wiccan, Breast and Formula feeding, wishing I coulda had a natural childbirth experience, Extended Rear Facing, CIO (sometimes), mommy to my baby girl and wife to my hot hubby!!

mommy22boyz357
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:36 PM

I remember this one lady who gave advice (medical) in a thread and someone being smart asked if she was a doctor. She said she actually was, oh lordy, all hell broke loose, lol! I'm sure she really coulda been a doctor, but she was called a liar for weeks. I guess you can't be rich or well to do or have a great career here.

trist22
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:36 PM

It's a combination of things.. two things that come to mind are jealousy and skepticism.. because there has been PLENTY of "rich" mom's on here only to be "outed" as a fraud.. later on...They have posted pics of their houses, NFL player husbands, etc, fake beautiful pics of themselves, etc... SO don't let it get to you. It's the internet.....

yourpassion
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:37 PM

i don't care who pays what and all that.  if you can afford it, who cares.  maybe they should be glad they don't have to pay it. hahaha...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)