Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Hero!

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:55 PM
  • 6 Replies

This is me ( 5 ) and my dad! He is my hero! My parents have been foster parents for 30 + years and currently they are both early 80s and raising twin special needs babies and a 5 month old. Plus dad still works full time as maintaince @ a church too. They got me at 6 months old and adopted me at 7 years old! I honestly don't know how they do it! And its odd for me because mom says I am the only one dad has cried over. Of all the kids that came / went in all those years ~ only me! There was this one time we went fishing and lol :D dad for some reason couldn't get the hook out the fishes mouth lol he ended up ripping the lips off the poor fish lol :D and then threw him back. I can only pray when Alyssa grows up she gets a man like my daddy! Hell I want a man like my daddy! Hardworking, loving, takes care of his family, when mom and him married she already had kids. I love my daddy! He is my hero!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Elyce225
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:00 PM

Aww this is really sweet. I think it's incredible that he is still working and helping children in need. He is an inspiration to us all.

Kind of on topic. We are fostering/adopting really soon. The case worker just came and checked out our house on Tuesday night and everything is ready to go. I hope we can change a child's life like yours was.

alyssasmommy318
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:09 PM
Yeah they really changed my life. And for the better! When I was 6 my bio mom left me, my 5 yr old bro, 3 yr old sis, and 2 yr old bro in a hospital room to go to FL with some guy. :/ when Dhr got us I was wearing the same thing I was wearing when I left 11 months before. :/ my mom says. You are doing something great for this child / children just by being there for them. Thank you for opening your home and hearts to do this! God will bless you for caring!

Quoting Elyce225:

Aww this is really sweet. I think it's incredible that he is still working and helping children in need. He is an inspiration to us all.

Kind of on topic. We are fostering/adopting really soon. The case worker just came and checked out our house on Tuesday night and everything is ready to go. I hope we can change a child's life like yours was.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LancesMom
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:41 PM

Thats sweet!

onefootcutiepie
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:44 PM

Aw how wonderful! My parents took in foster kids as well when we were growing up! My daddy died several years back, but we are getting our house ready for foster care as well........

alicia.bear
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:46 PM
They're in their 80s and still doing this? Wow! You got some amazing parents!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alyssasmommy318
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 8:23 AM
yeah they are amazing! I have no clue how mom manages waking every 3 ~ 4 hrs :) they have always be supportive of my seeing sis / bro and talking about bio parents lile when she decided she wanted to pop up after graduation saying she wanted to be mom again ~ yeah right not 19 years later you don't.

Quoting alicia.bear:

They're in their 80s and still doing this? Wow! You got some amazing parents!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)