Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Getting so aggravated right now

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:00 AM
  • 9 Replies

I'm sick with bronchitis, the kids have the flu and my husband works 3rd shift. I cant sleep even though I have taken NyQuil 4 hours ago so I just took another dose. Not sure if I should have done that but I'm so tired. I'm just sick and tired of being sick and tired. My husband was almost late for work because he stayed up most of the day to help me with the kids. I really wanted to make sure I got plenty of sleep tonight so he could rest. I think hes getting sick to. Had to vent a little before I exploded. I'm just irritated is all. I feel like punching a wall but since we rent and this is a double wide not a good idea. My fist would just go through then I would have another problem to deal with.

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
frndlyfn
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:03 AM

HUGS.......... try screaming into a pillow.  We have had one of hte coughing sicknesses here and it got frustrating.  Do you have anything you can make hot and drink to help break crap up?

tatar
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:07 AM

Is the coughing keeping you awake? Have you tried applying Vicks Vapor Rub on your feet then covering them with socks? It brings relief at night. Also a teaspoon of honey with lemon helps relieve itchy throat. Also, ginger tea is known to heal inflammations in the internal organs of the body. It is very effective as well in relieving itchy throat specially at night.

Sweetfairy28
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:09 AM

Quoting frndlyfn:

HUGS.......... try screaming into a pillow.  We have had one of hte coughing sicknesses here and it got frustrating.  Do you have anything you can make hot and drink to help break crap up?

I have tons of teas here. Egyptian chamomile, lemon tea and English breakfast tea. I think teas help a little right? Other then that I have nothing. I only stocked up on the teas because we have a Jungle Jims store here that have a bunch of International foods and wanted to try the different teas.

Sweetfairy28
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:11 AM

Quoting tatar:

Is the coughing keeping you awake? Have you tried applying Vicks Vapor Rub on your feet then covering them with socks? It brings relief at night. Also a teaspoon of honey with lemon helps relieve itchy throat. Also, ginger tea is known to heal inflammations in the internal organs of the body. It is very effective as well in relieving itchy throat specially at night.

Between the coughing and I just cant get comfortable. I have no vicks :( I do have to get some ginger tea. I never knew it did that.

tatar
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:15 AM

Vicks on the feet works wonders. My son son started coughing really bad three days ago. On the first night I remembered reading about Vicks on the feet and I did that. Then I gave him honey and ginger tea. He slept so soundly. The coughing spells stopped immediately. Make ginger tea your water. you'd heal  faster than taking suppressants. Also, don't forget to take vitamin c.

Quoting Sweetfairy28:

Quoting tatar:

Between the coughing and I just cant get comfortable. I have no vicks :( I do have to get some ginger tea. I never knew it did that.

Sweetfairy28
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:26 AM

Thanks ladies for all the ideas. I could use all the help I can get. I get sick like this on a average every 3 months because of this stupid COPD. It really has wore me down. Once I get sick I don't get better for awhile. It gets hard to take care of the rest of the family when I'm always sick myself. I think every year It gets worse.

tatar
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:45 AM

ginger tea, honey with lemon and garlic, garlic capsules,  1000mg vitamin c are the home remedies my family take to combat cold, cough and flu....Feel better soon

frndlyfn
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:12 AM

Quoting tatar:

ginger tea, honey with lemon and garlic, garlic capsules,  1000mg vitamin c are the home remedies my family take to combat cold, cough and flu....Feel better soon

I agree with Tatar.  Honey works wonders for me.  Also sucking on a peppermint candy can help as well it numbs my throat a bit with the cooling sensation.

steveiguana
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:43 AM

sorry we have had that cold from hell in our home for over a month now. I wish I could sleep as well. It was sweet of your hubby to help you out

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)